Let's See Some Macros

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Nikki he said that he is using a d70, and aparently he knows what to do with it too :lol:

Well not the closest macros in the world but they're ok. Took these this weekend at Weeler reef on the outer GBR. This was my first time using my underwater housing so there is room for improvement.

Pics are as follows
Pic 1 Platygyra brain
Pic 2 Cucumber close up
Pic 3 Montipora sp.
Pic 4 Sarcophyton polyps

NaH2O said:
esears - what camera did you get? Very nice looking zoas!

We got a Canon S2 IS. I like it quite a bit but need to work on how to use it and I want to get another lense for it but I'm so clueless as to what is even out there and what will work well.

Beakerbob - Wow! You can see why those bristles will stick to you!

Shoreliner11 - Great images! What underwater housing are you using?

esears - I've also wanted different lenses for my camera, but not only do I not know what to get, but I don't know how to use my camera to its full extent yet :D. I find my self stuck using the same few settings.

bigT - its all good :). I'm used to not being listened to when I'm talking...so not reading my posts doesn't bother me any :p :D.

Got a couple of my A. nana yesterday. Hope you like.
IMG_5250.JPG.JPG
[/IMG]

IMG_5249.JPG.JPG
[/IMG]

Striped design on a long tentacle plate coral (aka Heliofungia plate)

DSC_0989LOGO.jpg

Nikon D70/90mm macro lens, time exposure under MH/actnics, at Preuss Pets

Great first macros, Brett!

Beakerbob - I have a similar shot of a LT Plate. I can't remember if its in this thread yet or not:

Nikki,
LOL...good eye!! I like your plate shot better!

How about some stomatella snail pics...reminds me of a mastadon...long "tusks" and a wrinkled trunk! Lot's of copepods around it too.

Stomatella-DSC_0815STOMATELLAcopy-8.jpg

Nikon D70 with 90mm macro, off camera fill flash

Stomatella-DSC_0830STOMATELLARF.jpg

Nikon D70 with 90mm macro, off camera fill flash to freeze copepod action

Wow! Look at those copepods! What does "fill flash" mean? :confused:

NaH2O said:
Wow! Look at those copepods! What does "fill flash" mean? :confused:

Fill flash is where you "fill in" the dark spots in an image to make it more visible. Its usually off camera and pointed at an angle.

Nick

maxx said:
Fill flash is where you "fill in" the dark spots in an image to make it more visible. Its usually off camera and pointed at an angle.

Nick

Thanks mr. smarty pants! ;) :p lolol

How do you know when a shot warrants a fill flash?

Back