Let's See Some Macros

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

NaH2O said:
Thanks mr. smarty pants! ;) :p lolol

How do you know when a shot warrants a fill flash?

I wasnt being a smart @ss, thats the defination! I should have explained it another way. You use fill flash when an object is lit brightly, but there are areas of shadow on the object or around the object you dont like.. An example would be taking a picture of someone in bright sunlight, standing near an overhanging rock. Fill flash would be used to brighten up the dark areas of the rock since the camera will most likely be metered to the person. In his shots, the snail and pods were the focus of the image, so fill flash was used to brighten up the dark areas of the snail.

Another example would be taking a picture of someone standing inside a cave opening, during a sunny day. The camera's meter is going to expose for the light coming in behind the person, leaving the person exposed as a silhoutte against a bright background. To ensure you can see the person in this picture, you would use a fill flash to fill in their (darkened) features due to the bright background.

Make sense now?

Nick

Okay just playing around with my olympus c-3040. I am kinda pleased with this macro! :) :)

ok its my turn...

regular size lens... 300mm on D50
DSC_1474.JPG

with 2x teleconverter
DSC_1495.JPG

wit macro switched on
DSC_1507.JPG

one more...
DSC_1513.JPG

Thanks Dang.
I found that some dirt got in the camera some how and you can see the specs of dirt in the pictures so I’m a little unhappy about that. I did get a tripod (Gitzo Explorer G2200 and g1276m mk2 ball head). So I’m able to set the aperture really small (32) and the ISO real low (100) and the exposure long (0.8 sec) So the macros should get better and better once I get my camera and maybe lens cleaned up.

Dave,it's very interesting setting ,,i gonna try it it out,,thanks for the tip.
-=dieseldave=- said:
Thanks Dang.
I found that some dirt got in the camera some how and you can see the specs of dirt in the pictures so I’m a little unhappy about that. I did get a tripod (Gitzo Explorer G2200 and g1276m mk2 ball head). So I’m able to set the aperture really small (32) and the ISO real low (100) and the exposure long (0.8 sec) So the macros should get better and better once I get my camera and maybe lens cleaned up.

I'm still trying to mess around with close-up filters and such on my camera since it's not a DSLR. My depth of field sucks though.
Ricordia_Mouth2.jpg

100_0027copy.jpg

Back