Let's See Some Zoos!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Jason Those are awesome, Any chance I could get a small frag from you? I will send you a thermos and everything for just a small frag.

I just got them. I won't frag them for some time. The Shark's Reef (sponsor) has them. They will ship.

Here's my fire and ice with a bit of maiden's hair and death algae (unknown species coming out on the right on the attachment picture only)
FireandIce2.jpg

Last edited:
think i've had them for about 3 months or so, i'd have to check previous posts perhaps, i think they were $20 or so from blue sierra, a great deal and a quick grower got a few frags going, pretty zoo i'm going to frag the entire colony off cause of some algae

Here are my Albino zoa's!! These are snow white with light pink centers!
The pix don't do them any justice!!:shock:
I have never seen any like them! Has any one ever saw white zoa's??

Under 2 175w Hamilton 10k MH and 2 96w Actinic 1 96w 10k PC
IMG_1293.jpg

IMG_1284.jpg

Under 2 96W actinics
They glow!!
IMG_1282.jpg

Thanks! They are sweet. Never saw zoa like this before.. A guy that works in the same building as my wife is a metal broker and diver. He wanted to get rid of his 135g and told my wife I could take all the corals I wanted..:D He had them bagged up when I got there. Then filled a garbage can up with all his corals... I got home and started checking out my new corals, and almost fell over when I saw these gems open up...:shock: They have already multiplied about 4 polyps in a 4 wks I have had them.

Last edited:
I got them from guy that works in my wife's building! He wanted to get rid of his 135g and told my wife for me to come get all of his corals so I did. He gave me a bunch of cool corals fo FREE!:D This was among the stuff. My first thought is bleached too. I have had them for about 4 weeks now. But only time will tell. I'll keep everyone posted as to what's up with these zoa either way thought they looked pretty cool.

Yep! They glow pink under actinics, and are more pink then in the pix under normal lighting..

New People eaters

I have seen some like that, have some in fact but they don't look that way anymore. I had a tank crash and was lucky to save any. Afterwards they were zoanthids size and darker, and I just went to check on them... can't find any :( Might be they are just not open though. There is a majano sitting near where one last was. Joe's Juice time I guess.
So I have Marty Finn and Jenny Clark to thank for this one... I met Jenny for Marty and he fragged me a piece of what Jenny sold him. Awesome people eaters! There is one true palythoa colony on the rock too, which will be fun to photograph later on for comparison when it recovers. Fortunately it was the palythoa side and not the PE side that got damaged in the roadtrip.
Thanks again,
Kate

I probably should sell some stuff so I can get some salt, this is one spendy hobby! Hard to convince people to drive all the way down here for frags though, might have to thermos swap.

I am getting a package today with a VHO outfit so I can put actinics on my stuff and get decent pictures, then I might sell a whack of zo's, but these need to spend some time growing. They catch and eat fish food and fecal pellets so I think they should reproduce pretty quickly. Makes me wonder if I can get the purple ones and grow them quicker by intentionally feeding...

Also seem to swap with friends for the most part, in a Chip and Dale way. I swear some of my friends if you point at anything and even start to admire it they have it out of the tank scissors in hand before you have finished the sentence. I have to practice restraint and use a general sweeping admiration statement or I go home with frags I can't fit in my overstocked systems :) Am not complaining of course, it's just funny. Some day I hope I can do the same for them. I try but my frags are pretty tiny so far.
Kate

Back