Let's See Some Zoos!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

They are not as big as the PPEs, but their purple centers appear slightly darker. Interestingly, they take on a slightly different look under T5s. The photo is of them under MHs. The main difference, I think, is that when they're under T5s the skirts become longer and more separated.

They definitely do grow well for me... it seems like I have a new one every week in my T5 tank.

Are zoos better under T5 or MH or VHO? Mine I think does better on MH.

They are not as big as the PPEs, but their purple centers appear slightly darker. Interestingly, they take on a slightly different look under T5s. The photo is of them under MHs. The main difference, I think, is that when they're under T5s the skirts become longer and more separated.

They definitely do grow well for me... it seems like I have a new one every week in my T5 tank.

That's neat. I always think about switching out to T5s. I hear so many good things about it, like little heat and energy usage.

I don't think that T5s are better or worse than MHs for zoas. They certainly can take on different appearances, however, depending on what light you're using. As mentioned, the joker palys take on a different look and I like them better under MHs. But if I could get a picture of my 'Metallic Pinks' you'd probably be quite surprised by the difference. They are very hot pink with a white center under my T5s, and more of a dull pink with a creamy center under MHs. I definitely like them better under T5s.

2-5.jpg

11-2.jpg

I cannot believe that that people here on RF have given me these.
Some people are just awesome.
I have a couple others that I can't get a good shot at right now but I'll keep trying.

Here's a few new ones...

Got this great mini-garden from Ajnweb. Beautiful combination!!
3318455834_02a0ac5fc9_b.jpg

Picked this rock up from Barbie last week. Angie took this pic with her new P&S Sony Cybershot DSC-W170. Darned good pic for a P&S that she's still learning to use!!!
3313582528_9d0eba5c29_b.jpg

Crappy pic of what I believe are Goochsters.
3312757039_cb335d6bc2_b.jpg

Another Pic leaving a lot to be desired, but of a great frag we got from Finn.
3290489721_61baaf3a6b_b.jpg

Finn, I'm still working at getting a pic of the other one!! Keep your eyes open for it.

what are these ones sorry the pictuers suck need to get a new lense i have to stand about 4feet away from the tank

IMGP3792.jpg

IMGP3791.jpg

IMGP3790.jpg

IMGP3788.jpg

Back