Let's See Some Zoos!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Same as yours Marty? Maybe not.
Finally able to grow this. Lost a large colony and 2 frags.
e8f620c7-1.jpg

nice zoas/palys marty and caitlen:)
after trying and trying i also get to keep this and growing....been in my frag rack from the day i got it...scared to move it,got this from nata...she has a nice colony:lol::D
DSC08072.jpg

nice zoas/palys marty and caitlen:)
after trying and trying i also get to keep this and growing....been in my frag rack from the day i got it...scared to move it,got this from nata...she has a nice colony:lol::D
DSC08072.jpg

your aogs in the background kind of look like what mine are going through >.>

your aogs in the background kind of look like what mine are going through >.>

hi...those aog's are the ones i saved from my other tank...it got taken over by blue cloves and closed up for weeks,i had to frag off my colony in frags...i scraped off all blue cloves...it was worst when it first opened up,like u cant even tell that its aog's...
what happen to yours?....

I don't know honestly.. they just went from happy to hell. My parameters are fine. I added more rock and such so the landscape is different but I've since moved them to a similar spot with the same amount of flow and light. They used to be amazingly bright and now are all partially closed with diminished color. I bought lugol's and dipped them and also did what Natalie told me and gave them a dip in some furan-2. They haven't improved much at all. All my other zoas are fine. I even bought some from natalie like pink and golds and such. The pink and golds were 4 polyps, they already in the 9 days I've had them started about 4-5 more babie polyps. So I really don't know the problem. I'm replacing my MH bulb tomorrow it's just at the 9th month mark. But I doubt that will change anything.

my new zoa

Woohoo! Due to popular demand, we now have a new forum, dedicated to Zoanthids!

So, lets see what you have! Brown ones, green, orange, purple....It is almost Halloween, hand out some Eye Candy.

If you are new to Zoanthids, please take the time to read the thread, Let's Talk About ~Reefkeeping Dangers~. It mentions caution when working with this coral.
Found this, what do you think

Attachments

• zoahappy.jpg
    zoahappy.jpg
    77.4 KB
you are right, wrong pic, check out these

Woohoo! Due to popular demand, we now have a new forum, dedicated to Zoanthids!

So, lets see what you have! Brown ones, green, orange, purple....It is almost Halloween, hand out some Eye Candy.

If you are new to Zoanthids, please take the time to read the thread, Let's Talk About ~Reefkeeping Dangers~. It mentions caution when working with this coral.

here is the pic I meant to attach

Attachments

• zzoa.jpg
    zzoa.jpg
    79.3 KB
Very pretty Finn. :clap2:I dig the red coralline growing on the rock. Try scraping it some and see if you can get it to spread a bit.

Thanks. The coraline is pretty red on that side of the rock. It would be nice to have it spread as most of the coraline in my tank is a darker purple, where it can grow. Not much exposed rock in the 240 right now.

Happycorals.com domain is being shut down or reset or something, the page isn't coming up.

Those are absolutely stunning. I wish I had seen these before I started my venture into freshwater instead of saltwater. Would you be willing to sell me a frag of not this summer but the following?? :D!

Happycorals.com domain is being shut down or reset or something, the page isn't coming up.

Those are absolutely stunning. I wish I had seen these before I started my venture into freshwater instead of saltwater. Would you be willing to sell me a frag of not this summer but the following?? :D!

I made a mistake with the name. There is no s on the end of happycoral.

Happy Coral, Inc.

Here are a few new ones. These are under old t-5 actinics but coloring up more and more everyday.
DSC06527.jpg

DSC06524.jpg

DSC06523.jpg

DSC06573.jpg

Last edited:
Back