lets see the BLASTO'S!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

yes It is really unfortunate what happened.. I heard he lost his entire tank along with Several others down there... I would be more than willing to pitch in and help him rebuild his tank.. Dont have much yet but maybe we can all get something together and send him down a care package or even setup some sort of gift certificate for him to use... It is so Sad when stuff like this happens... And now I hear Ivan is going that way and is supposed to be worse than the previous 2..

James

Oh my god, I am so sorry! That is heart breaking. I can't imagine living in an area where nature could wipe you out, strip you of everything and not be able to do anything about it. I feel for you Playa and all the rest that have been/will be hit by those hurricanes. Best wishes to all, and praying that no lives are lost.

Well you can have power outtage anywhere, just get a generator, and if you lose power you will be just fine. It is a small investment, for a lot of insurance.

Think of it this way "It's time to set up a completely new tank! You can change anything you want. Everyone can pitch in with new coral frags. Or set up a paypal account and people can donate money to the Aquarium Re-establishment fund. I think this would be a great way for us to show we care about our members. Find out who else has had a loss from the hurricanes?

Well I picked up this blasto today, hopefully it will take off in my tank :D

269blasto-med.jpg

and now I have two

doing my tour of LFS today before our reef club meeting ARC and saw this blasto. they said that it just came in last night,so I had to make an impulse buy. Tell me what you think.

It looks like it could be a really nice one, but is pretty deflated right now imo. The one next to it looks to be a lot healthier. I would tell him to hold it for you for a week, and see how it looks at that point.

about 30 hours later

the pic 2 or 3 posts ago was 5 min after being placed into the tank. And this is about 24 to 30 hours later.

blasto after 6 days

he's looking ok I think. I'm keeping an eye on he and also looking for more.
Reggie

My first Blastomussa

Well Thanks to you Big Reefer I decided to get me one here is Picture :D with a hitch hiker :eek:

bigreefer said:
i got a couple colonies, ill get pics in the am when my lights come on but while we we wait for mine, lets see yours

When my tank went without Power and I lost most of my coral in March. Kevin, Matt, Rick and etc fueled me with encouragement. I really needed it.
The Blasti merleti was one of the corals that survived. I hope Playas do the same. I would also be willing to donate money or etc for Playa.

Its very positive when a friends say to your wife that we will get your tank looking
like a show tank together.
Ed

OK that does it I am hunting for some blastos! These things are beautiful and they come in colors I want for my tank. Thanks for sharing all.

Any word on Playas tank yet?

I have been in love with blastomosas since the first time I saw one. A couple of weeks ago I had added blastomosas to my list of wants for Nathan @ Under the Sea to try to find and order. Now with all the beautiful pictures I can hardly wait.

One question for those of you that have them. I was surprised to see so many of them placed on the sand bed instead of up on the rocks. Is there a reason for this. I would have place mine high on the rocks. Maybe I had better do some more research. I have a 9 inch engineer goby that constantly stirs my sand bed, so nothing is safe unless it is on the rocks.

They generally get by with much less light (hence lower in the tank). If you get a B. merletti frag, you can put it in the crease between a couple of rocks lower-down in the tank to give it some protection from being pushed around. Those frags tend to be a bit lighter, and could be moved around a lot just sitting on the sandbed.

Wow !

Where are you guys buying these , I am in the chicago area and never saw any for sale . They look fantastic are they easy or hard to care for ? Also do any online sponsors sell them ?

Jeff (flugelnuss) needs to post his Blastomussa wellsi. It's a really really nice one :)

- Elmo

Back