Let's See Those Clams!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Awesome Teardrop maxima Tom!

T. squamosa clams become very pretty and grow fast too. Some develop baby blue eyespots and others turn green around the edges when kept under halides.

Regards,
Kevin

Oh, to shell with it!

You all have great lookin clams! I love these silly things! We have a couple of tanks at the store with different clams in them. I'll try to detail them as I can.
The first pic is a derasa we have under 10K ushio, the second is a tiger derasa about 12" in the same tank. The tiger we have had for 3 years and has doubled in size(mass). The next 2 shots come from a 125 with 14K PFO 400w's. The teardrop is about 8" and the blue spot squamosa is about 10", both have been here about a year. The last pic is of a crocea that lives in the show tank under 20K radiums. He and his neighbors are begining to grow into each other, although there was plenty of room for them 2 years ago when they were placed.

Shell yes!

These last shots come from the 20K radium showtank again. These guys have been here for a couple years and are getting big! The squamosa is a foot at least and the gigas is, well, growing like a weed! Thanks for lettin me share. [email protected]

Ok To revive a thread.. Here is a pic of my new Squamosa and a pic of my little baby blue Ultra maxima... Hopefully Friday I will be able to post a pic of my New Gigas as well..

James

Ok Kevin here is 2 from your store

kevinpo said:
I know there are some real beauties out there here's your chance to show them off. Please post the species, size, how long you've had it, lighting, and feeding.

Regards,
Kevin

I posted them :D now you help me to identify them Kevin...Jeff :confused:

01-20-04_teardrop_clam.jpg

01-18-03_black_blue_maxima_red_headed_goby.jpg

Jeff your clams are Very Beautiful! They are both Crocea's, Nice!

Chuck I love your Maximas, that teardrop is super sweet :D

Ok here is a pic of my 4-5" Gigas.. its only been in the tank for an hour or so

DSCF0106.jpg

DSCF0102.jpg

James

Hi Jeff,
Tridacna crocea, the smallest of the giant clams. Gotta love the Teardrop pattern and of course the baby T. gigas. IMO all the Tridacna clams get prettier as they age.

Regards,
Kevin

James,
I notice all of your clams are not expanded have you been having some issues with them of late? Please don't take any offense to this, just wondering.

-Erik

The Derasa has only been in the tank for a few mins prior to the pic and The gigas was in the tank for about an hour or so prior to the pic... The Gigas wasnt really doing all that well to begin with at the store but who knows... Nothing wrong with them Just upset with the move... All my long term Croceas are awesome MY baby Max is awesome as well as the Squamosa... Its just the 2 new arrivals and me being camera happy LOL..

James

I guess the Squamosa was new in the pic as well.. Here is a current shot of it..

James

Looks awesome... I think I am done with getting clams for now unless I happen to find one my the super Awesome Colored Teardrops that I have seen out there... Or maybe even some more Maximas but I am running out of room now LOL.. I think its time to sell all of my zoos on the sand bed LOL

James

I have to show you guys MSHUR"s clam!! Its such a beauty. Hope he doesnt mind! Got it from ReeferMadness.

Back