Let's see your Bare Bottom

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The tank still looks good Krish. When I have my sump and refugium. I will be going Bare Bottom

you too Ron ???? NOOO :D .
what kind of friends are you guys :p .
well i guess make sure you take pictures of the tank :).

I've run my tank BB for a year and a half now. Very happy with it, I'm quite happy with how much things have progressed.

Recently re-aquascaped to accomodate my green slimer's future growth, now it needs everything to grow out :)

Wow!!! Really nice! What size is your tank? That Tunze stream looks huge in there! Are you happy with it? I just ordered one last week and I should have it tomorrow. So far everyone seems to be happy with them...Thanks for sharing the picture:)

Thanks!
It's a Oceanic 58g RR ... 36 x 18 x 21" tall. The tunze is big in the tank ... until recently I had it much better hidden - but also blowing into rocks behind the rockwork as my bubble coral couldn't handle all that flow.

But ... I removed some rock, fragged the bubble + kept 4 heads in the 58 ... and was able to make the tank uglier [no obvious powerheads to giant tunze] + the flow better. Tradeoffs :lol: I really like it. Sure moves the water - until learning how to aquascape places for my frogspawn, bubble, rics ... it was kind of a pain.

Hope you have good luck with your BB. It's got it's sacrifices and it's imperfections ... but I've been very happy with my tank for over a year now - IMO what I'm looking for in this hobby :) Another person ... might be an endless struggle.

Thanks...Hopefully I should be fine as it is only a FOWLR setup for now. I'm waiting until summer before I attempt corals when the water here warms up a bit. I love the look of your tank...Tunze and all! Some people believe it or not actually like the look of powerheads in there tanks and besides, when you have a nice display of corals and fish, not many people notice them when looking at the tank at all. I only noticed it because it is a habit I have when looking at new tanks. I want to see what people use for flow. Best of luck with the rest of your setup!

Huhhhhhh!!!!

I am a little too embarassed to show my bare bottom online! LOL:eek:

I'll be your friend Gaby,:)... sand all the way! Now granted its easier to clean and may help your corals, but to me it just doesn't look natural without sand.
IMO

jake

I'll be your friend Gaby,... sand all the way! Now granted its easier to clean and may help your corals, but to me it just doesn't look natural without sand.
IMO

jake

Hater!!!(LOL JK) Powerheads and nozzles don't look natural either or square glass boxes which we keep them in:D Just messin' with ya Jake...Now siphon out that sand and post a photo!!:)

But to me it just doesn't look natural without sand.

Thanks Jake I could not say it any better myself:D

jake65 said:
I'll be your friend Gaby,:)... sand all the way! Now granted its easier to clean and may help your corals, but to me it just doesn't look natural without sand.
IMO

jake

I'll be your friend Gaby,... sand all the way! Now granted its easier to clean and may help your corals, but to me it just doesn't look natural without sand.

i knew Jake wouldn't let me down :D the same for you Jeff

Jeff and Gabby...read post 29 if you want to talk about natural:lol: and besides...If I wanted to see natural well, I see it every day living on an island:D

Tike...you've got BG tank (bare glass) That will do;)

LMBO !!!!:lol: darn it not again :lol:
well my excuse is that its 8 :49 a.m. :D :p .
I'm still gonna catch you crazy kid !!! :lol:

Back