Let's Talk About ~Refugiums~

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I usaully wait till the person has few really good answers before I fool around.

Hey...If I see a thread and no-one replies after a while, I feel bad for the person because I know they are looking for some response. So if I can't think of anything educated and I'm all out of good thoughts...I throw in whatever comes to my mind which is usually foolishness (LOL) O.k let me stop eating up valuable server space talking about things that do not pertain to refugiums...Sorry everyone(LOL).

So...since we are supposed to be talking about refugiums (lol), are they only used in saltwater setups or have they been implemented in freshwater setups also? Freshwater tends to be the easiest thing to keep and why is it when refugiums to me, aren't common. Can we learn something from this? (I'm just trying to make up for hijacking this thread LOL).

Actually I have seen them in a CPR style. with live plants in them for oxegyn to the tank. And again a natural filter

2nd Fuge

Is there any reason why I should do a dual fuge..with less flow in one of the fuges w/micro organisms and more flow in the main refugium where the cheato is and larger organisms? (All of this will be below the tank)

Thanks before hand...

Welcome to Reef Frontiers!!!

How much flow do you think for each? It's early, so I'm still waking up. I need to go look back at some links because I thought I read something about chaeto and flow - more might be better. I'll get back to this....anyone else have some thoughts?

Back