Lifegard scrath remover

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ATP123

Huh?
I just purchased it a day ago and was hoping to remove the scratches on my 65 gallon tank. So I started with the coarsest to the final polishing. I was disappointed because my tank looks hazy after that and I don't think I did it correctly. Has anyone use this or have any tips?

thanks,

Do you have a piece of scrap acrylic you can practice on? That might help you go back though the steps to figure out how to polish it out correctly.

I just purchased it a day ago and was hoping to remove the scratches on my 65 gallon tank. So I started with the coarsest to the final polishing. I was disappointed because my tank looks hazy after that and I don't think I did it correctly. Has anyone use this or have any tips?

thanks,

What was the finest grit paper they have in the kit?
Here is a web pages that has good kits and helpful info

http://www.sisweb.com/micromesh/literature.htm

Might want to pick up a bottle of Novus 3 and Novus 2 as well, those will get the panel almost crystal clear with some work. I've never had much luck with the "kits". They're only about $4 per bottle at Tap Plastics and Barrier Reef carries it as well if I remember correctly. The people at Tap Plastics can show you how to polish out an acrylic panel and give you pointers on what else might be needed.

Might want to pick up a bottle of Novus 3 and Novus 2 as well, those will get the panel almost crystal clear with some work. I've never had much luck with the "kits". They're only about $4 per bottle at Tap Plastics and Barrier Reef carries it as well if I remember correctly. The people at Tap Plastics can show you how to polish out an acrylic panel and give you pointers on what else might be needed.

I'll try that. At least the outside wouldn't looks so bad.

12000 is the finest.

Where did you get the kit. I have only seen grits as fine as 8000.

Yeah, its a lot of work. I have been putting off doing mine because of how much work it is and mine is full of water and lifestock.

Last edited:
Back