Lighting options

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks...yes the day will indeed come, since this setup will be our 2nd setup maybe when we do our 3rd setup I'll try kessils although my next setup I'm thinking nano (less than 10g) and a kessil would probably be an overkill on something like that.

Haha maybe. There is always the smaller A150 version. But that one doesnt allow you to dial down the intensity like the a350/a360.

Definately consider investing in an Apex controller. Best investment that I have made so far.

I went with a Reef Breeders Photon 48, and love it. 30min intervals on the programming, and everything seems happy in my tank!

There are numerous companies selling the cheaper Chinese made leds. They have US warranties & repair. They use bridgelux leds. When a company orders bulk, they can choose led color layout & lens °. Evergrow IT series, photon breeder, lumentek are examples of this. I have evergrow & love them. Lumentek mixes the lenses & has a brain that can dim in 10 minute intervals. Kessil & most of the other high end (pricey) use cree leds. They come in 16", 24", 32", & 48" sizes.

+1 one a kessil! on sale right now for $299 at brs. nice shimmer like the mh and one would be perfect for those dimensions!

With surface movement you will get great shimmer with the light you bought. If a led burns out, it can be replaced with basic soldering. I don't think you can do this with a kessil.

I'll be running 50+ times the flow with this tank so I should have surface movement :) I know it comes with a 2yr warranty, and yeah with basic soldering leds can be replaced when needed. The main feature that sold me on this was the built in control-ability.

Back