Local sources for DIY two-part?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Blazer88

Does anyone know if a place around here carries Dow flakes or another calcium chloride product? I looking to use Randy's DIY recipe to make two-part solution for calcium/alkalinity. Thanks.

I have never found Dow Flake locally, but I do use Driveway heat which works quite well to bump SW . Can you use that?

I believe Prestone Driveway heat works well enough but is more concentrated (less water content) that Dow Flakes. Where did you find the driveway heat at? I went to Lowes, Home Depot, and Fred Meyer with no luck. I figured I would just order up the materials from twopartsolution.com since their prices are pretty cheap if I couldn't find anything locally.

Driveway Heat is sold seasonally and usually can be found at Wally World at very good prices. 2-Part Solution does have great pricing as well. Seems a shame to spend the money on shipping though.

Doesn't really matter about the water content. Just use this calculator, and substitute Driveway Heat for Kent Turbo Calcium.

If anyone is interested. Here are my findings regarding preston driveway heat. Its post #14.

Back