Look what we found

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

E

eww

We thought this was pretty cool... I was doing a little tank clean up yesterday and look what was swimming in amongst the Elegance...

DSC_0296_11048.jpg

DSC_0297_11049.jpg

I guess that answered the question of whether we got a male/female pair several months ago from Paul (fragman) or not. We had no idea the were even any eggs laid and did not see daddy with a mouth full of babies so I guess we just got lucky. We only see two and they are only about 3/8" tall tip to tip and 1/2" nose to tail. Tiny cute little buggers. We are on the way to Barrier to pick up some shrimp roe now to help them with smaller food however we already see them eating with the normal feedings of Rod's Food and some various cubes.

Congrats!!! That is cool as hell and also a really great shot!!! I caught one before in the wild, but never put it in my tank. I wasn't really sure how to care for them so I just took his picture and let him go. Here he is in the bucket. :p

Thats a winnig photo!!! It almost looks unreal compared to the size of the Elegance, well you now have two NEW family members and a mated pair Cardinals!..

Dtech07

Thanks everyone for all the kind words. The pics were a fluke on the quality and the subjects made them really easy to be cute too. Guess we might have to update our fish list. We will keep you posted on their progress. Once they are big enough we will probably move them to our QT awaiting my 40b office tank to be set up.

Hey Eric, very very cool and definitely great pics. My Bangaii's have spawned three times in the last six weeks but to many mouths or Wrasses to have any survivors.

Todd

I found a couple of babies like that a few years ago. They disappeared after a week or so. I was so sad.

That was one of the coolest pictures I have ever seen of livestock in a tank. Hope they do well and stay hidden from the predators. So tiny! Good luck with the babies.

Back