Look what you (RF) have done to me!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mattleycrue76

Aquajunkie
About 5 months ago I was a normal person, then I stumbled upon reef frontiers and look what you've all done to me!

Alright, my tank has been up and running for 4 months now so I thought it's about high time to post some pics. The tank is a 72g bowfront with a 15g or so sump. 2x250 mh + PC actinics + LED moonlights. also about 80 lbs of LR.

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj226/mattleycrue76/CIMG1565.jpg

Love it...great job!
We just set up a 72 bowfront. What light fixture do you have? Ours is the Outer Orbit Pro and it's 15 inches wide, so we are trying to figure out how to secure it to the tank with the legs(like yours), since the tank is only about 12 inces on the sides. We currently just have the front legs propped up on the front, but it isn't very sturdy.

Hmm, I'm trying to figure out how to get the picture to be displayed instead of the URL

Like this? just click on the button that says "insert image" when you scroll over it and paste in the web addy. Nice setup by the way ;)

CIMG1565.jpg

Last edited:
Its one of the infamous Oddysea fixtures. works great so far, I just have it resting on the legs that came with it. They're bent and can be mounted either way to accomodate diferent tank widths. The only complaint about the light so far is that its very yellow even though these are suppopsedly 14,000k bulbs. I'll probably replace them with something decent in a month or two.

Thanks! I wonder if I should try to buy some of the Odyssea legs...maybe they'd fit. ? I've been looking at new bulbs, too. The pheonix 14k or the Ushio 20k look to be the best so far. The 10ks that the fixture came with are way too yellow even with 4 actinic supplements.
Anyway, I can't wait to see more pics of your setup! :)

There is counseling available... Have you joined PSAS? Meetings happen about once a month and there are lots of other sufferers there. ;)

I would like to join PSAS. The question is going to be whether I can make it to the meetings. Depends when and where they are I guess

Back