lost power.. tank down

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Myteemouse

NOTHING
important leson of the day.. GET A GENERATOR!! i lost power about 15 mins ago.. tank dead in the water.. I'm soo mad.. I was just saying I needed a generator!! DAMN

I lost power about an hour ago myself, I'm in the Gig Harbor area. I have 3 generators but none wired to my house. If power is out for more than 3 hours I'll grab one and plug my tank in. I don't think short outtages are too big of an issue as long as your house is warm enough.

I wonder how many of us lost power tonight. There's probably a lot of people here that don't have a laptop with a wireless air card and can't get on.

My area still has power...adam,when it gets to long feel free to call
Me..no hour too late..and you can put your most expensive stuff in my sump..hope this helps..

I have power in Bothell, but lights have been flickering. I do have a 13,000 kw autostandby generator that was just serviced on Saturday..yeah....

It powers most of my house and my 375g tank and all equipment..

Adam, hope you get power back soon..

My area still has power...adam,when it gets to long feel free to call
Me..no hour too late..and you can put your most expensive stuff in my sump..hope this helps..
Nata....you're awesome!

I hope power comes back soon for you Adam.

I hope those of you who have lost power have it restored soon. In the mean time, your biggest concern will be heat and flow. Larger tanks will hold their temp just fine. Wrap smaller tanks with blankets. Stir water manually to oxygenate.

Great reminder Michael to wrap blankets. I wouldn't reminder this under stress.

my cheap short term solution

I recently insulated my sump cabinet which is in the garage with 1.5 inch styrofoam board insulation. I had some left over so i cut pieces the dimension of my display tank walls and in the event of power loss will place them agasint outside glass of tank and hold in place with bungie cords.. not as good as a generator but should help hold heat for a few hours...

I have power still my internet is down and also my tv but if anyone needs I have room avail. pm me I will get it on my phone. I have a big sump for fish and corals if needed and did a frah water change over the weekend.

power back on at 430 am tank still 64 degrees and house still 69 degrees all fish visable seem to be ok. corals?? time will tell.

Im the opposite of you...fish look horrible, coloration of bangaii cardinal is off, clowns are at bottom of the tank barely swimming, but my coral actually look good specifically high end z's and p's like my hornets and nightmares...wierd

important leson of the day.. GET A GENERATOR!! i lost power about 15 mins ago.. tank dead in the water.. I'm soo mad.. I was just saying I needed a generator!! DAMN

Wish I had seen this last night . . . Adam if you don't get a generator I have one you could borrow in a pinch, in fact now that we have 4 we probably will look at selling one soon.

Our lights flickered but never went out, I was almost hoping they went out just so we could try out the new stand-by auto start generator.

Back