luisse25's 90 gal tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

here's the orange digitata that i won from seaking yesterday..thanks chris!!! i did not expect the size of this...instant colony for me...what a deal

for the ricordea lovers out there,heres a portion of my rics,i have them everywhere...i have a little bit of info about this...i got these ricordeas in a trade about 4-5 months ago,when i first got it it was all just greens and blues and teals,they were also tiny...so overtime some changed colors...i found out they like a lot of light,,,some morphed into purple color,goldish yellows,oranges and some went rainbows....also some will split and float around if they get shaded....and all of them got huge...
i did encounter a pest on these ricordeas....at one time it got me frustrated...a couple of weeks after getting them,btw they were wild harvested in florida,the guy i traded collects them....i never knew that they can have pests....so after a few weeks of having them i noticed some are shrinking then it will start having holes in the middle and then melts,,,i do not have any idea what was going on so i was thinking maybe its getting too much light or something is wrong with my water....i didnt think of dipping it...i had 1 bright gold ricordea in the frag rack and it so happen im inspecting some frags,,,i notice theres tiny dots on the plug where the ricordea is and the dots are gold color same color as the ricordea and its moving!...right there i knew,these tiny dots are like bugs and i knew they are eating the rics...after finding it out,,i started dipping all the suspecting ricordeas,making sure to blow them off good....i have all my ricordeas in the sandbed so i moved everything and glued everything in the rockwork...i dipped all suspecting rics and mounted everything in rocks not touching the sandbed....after dipping and dipping i have not seen signs of shrinking and melting,,,i did lost about 15 rics after before the problem got solved....
if u see your rics acting weird like shrinking and then having holes in the mouth and getting ripped do not think that it is splitting..inspect it for tiny dot like round bugs....its very tiny like size of copepods.
i am happy that i won that battle...it was very frustrating but now my rics are growing fast,it seems that the bugs are gone cause i have rics on the sand bed for quite a while now and theres no signs of anything..

some more shrooms
candlelight mushroom...when i got this it was very tiny..half dime size...this is 5 months of growth...

game over mushroom/tie dye...it already have some reds coming in...a mature adult one suppose to have orange reds greens and purples...some people that owns one said that it takes years for all colors to show...its the brightest in my tank :)
heres an ugly picture..

HOLY SHROOMS!!!

That second one is awesome slow grower though?
yes,,,very very slow....it is very sensitive too...there is no signs of it moving to make babies:D...but its ok as long as its growing im happy...maybe later on it will decide to move and make a lot

a week ago i bought a colorado sunburst anemone....
when i got it

and here it is the next day...

and here it is now....2 for the price of 1 :D...split because of stress

WOW! I mean....WOW! That is absolutely beautiful. I love the torches and hammers. I have some green with purple tips frogspawn, it's one of my favorites. But of course they are all my favorites.

sharing my newly acquired hammer....this was taken after i put it in the tank so its a little bit shrunk...

another mushroom that i found...this mushroom looks fake,the color is just unbelievable...i hope the color stays....it came off the rock and got a damage foot due to shipping so i hope it does ok...it is shrunk on the pic but its big,its about 1.5 inches,its suppose to open up to about 3 inches but because of damage foot its a unhappy right now,hope it attaches soon to the rubbles.

some random pics

do i see a headache on this one?

my only plate coral...this has gotten really big...sorry for the dirty glass

my orange gold hammer...it doesn't have that purple color on tentacles when i first got it so i dont know how it developed that color....it is a gorgeous piece...so happy to have it.

Ill be over in a few with my cutting utensils and buckets it looks a little full and I know a guy that can help with that!!! LOL
Looking awesome as usual

sigh...only problem is all are attached to a big rock...the overgrowing zoas are in a rock where its impossible for me to get out especially that one with monti growing in the middle...that spongodes was a small frag that i just decided to stick in that middle because at one point i dont know where to put it....i have forgotten about it and so when i remember about it,it already encrusted...i will eventually have to trim everything....i am just sooo lazy....i just traded a few colonies of z and p's (was suppose to be just frags but me being lazy i just let go few of my mini colonies) for the new hammer and the new mushroom,but still tank is a bit overcrowded...i wish i can frag the zoas with the monti,,,i tried fragging underwater but end up killing several polyps of zoas...

Back