luisse25's 90 gal tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

another hammer i added in my tank....i got depressed i lost my favorite orange wall hammer:(....it just started sliming and bailing off flesh,it slowly slimed and melted....also lost my all green hammer and its a bummer....now i am very cautious and i think i am not gonna get any wall hammer anymore...and because of that i added this branching hammer just to cheer myself of the losses ^_^

OH MY, the orange hammer? :( that's a bummer. The nicest orange hammer i'ver seen, one of a kind....really sad to see it's gone.

yes i was really sad...it was painful to watch it slowly decline....i tried my best to save it...but it just didnt want to stop sliming....i think it has something to do with it being from indo....i track down where it came and i was informed that its from indo....i was really sad and kind of got into a little depression :( but im ok now....if i stumble into one ill probably try again but who knows when :)

Same here :( all my hammer died without reason. we had the same issue though, slowly receding then sliming then skeleton. weird?!? do you know the issue though? is it because it's from indo.

i do not know reason...everything was in check...my aussie gold torch is fat and healthy and even all other branching euphyllia i have...all other lps is fine...

I love those carpets!! Nice pick up on both of them. Maybe someday I'll get a red or blue.
haddonis are the easiest carpet from what others says....as long as they are healthy from shipping they should do ok...
this is actually my 3rd red carpet and the blue is my second blue carpet..the past carpets i had they got too big,they were already big when i got them but yeah they got too big for my tank that i have to get rid of them....this one i will keep..the red carpet is just so stunning...
heres another i took with flash

and topdown..

i just change new bulbs and got 20k xm's..also change new t5 blue plus so colors are looking nice right now with the added bue...i wish i can run radiums though.

Last edited:
i was really sad and kind of got into a little depression :( but im ok now....if i stumble into one ill probably try again but who knows when :)

now you have the red hadonni, nice pick. It is very rare to have the red haddoni if not super rare. :) glad to enjoy the nem.

now you have the red hadonni, nice pick. It is very rare to have the red haddoni if not super rare. :) glad to enjoy the nem.

it is not really rare...the reds do come in once in a while :)..usually winter season u can see vendors gets them i know a few...but they always come big in size most are 14+ in size...
but to find a small size like this and with this great color,,its rare,,,i am very lucky to have found it....:)

Wow such colorful and tight crowd of beauties... and you never rest easy, but always expand your collection! Most variety of corals per square inch I have seen :clap2:

If you ever think about Ca reactor, let me know. In my experience a good regulator makes a huge difference, so do not skimp on it. I suggest to check this out: Calcium Reactors In, Out and Everything in Between

I snapped a Harris industrial type (spendy a bit), with a second stage control of 0-15PSI. With that I do not even have a needle valve, and bubble rate is rock-steady.

Just spent the last 30 mins drooling over all the pictures from page one to pg 6. Truly amazing tank with tons of amazing pieces!! So many cool things ive never heard of before too! If you have anything your looking to frag out im definitely interested. I live up at Crystal east of Enumclaw. :) Sorry to hear about your hammer loss. It really sucks loosing coral I just lost 6 small but nice pieces of SPS a few weeks back to low alkalinity. It was terrible watching it get worse from day to day only to find out my test kit had a faulty reagent so my readings were way off. Hope things perk up soon!

Back