• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Reef Frontiers and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

MACNA XX!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

barrierreefcf

Sponsor
What a blast. Still one more day but I wanted to start our thread where we will share what we did and saw. I have some great pics and HD video including footage of the whale shark exhibit. 6.3 millions gallons...thats a lot!! I'll post stuff as time permits....highlight so far...besides the whale sharks...ORA's Snowflake Clowns. If the one is still available locally I'd jump on it. We are on the waiting list to get some.

Here is a video of Tunze's new Nano Wavebox. It should be out in a few weeks. It makes a great wave motion for such a small box.

Thought of the Mangrove thread when I saw this.

100_0027.jpg

Photo of DT's Reef Pure Line

100_0025.jpg

Tunze's Lineup including the Stream 2's and a better look at the Nano Wavebox.

100_0049.jpg

Now we know why Dendros are so hard to get...these guys have em all!

100_0048.jpg

100_0047.jpg

Deltec had this monster skimmer with the self cleaning neck. You can just make out the brush as it passes by on the lower neck.

100_0046.jpg

On the silly side..here's Matt after two mojitos. J/K more like 2 Mojitos and lack of sleep after a 3am wake-up for our flight out of Seattle.

100_0020.jpg

And Tim experiencing the children's whale slide at the Atlanta Aquarium.

100_0079.jpg

The top of the hotel MACNA was held at had a restuarant and lounge called the Sundial. It rotated 360 degrees giving you an incredible view of the city. Here we are winding down after a long day of reefing.

100_0039.jpg

Finally, after a few drinks, Matt and I convinced our wonderful SO's that late night Hooters was a good idea. Come on...we were there for the beer and food:D

100_0041.jpg

Last edited:
Finally, after a few drinks, Matt and I convinced our wonderful SO's that late night Hooters was a good idea. Come on...we were there for the beer and food:D

And the next story is............................................

Thanx for the pics, you could add a few more anytime!!!!:D:D:D

The reef display at the Georgia Aquarium. Wave sequence. We were really impressed with the fish but the corals need a few more years to grow in.

100_0054.jpg

100_0056.jpg

100_0057.jpg

Really wish I could have gone this year, thanks for posting the whale shark picture.

I hope to go to Atlantic City next year.

See you guys later today.

Adelaide

Looking up at the Westin Tower from the pool area.

100_0018.jpg

The pool.

100_0021.jpg

Closing talk about the future of the hobby. An incredible panel of speakers. Walt Smith, Rob Toonen, Bob Fenner, Steven Pro, Eric Borneman, amongst others. I didn't see all the talks...impossible since they overlapped...but Toonen and Borneman were my favorite. They speak "hobbyist science" perfectly.

100_0093.jpg

A Bubble King SuperMarin Model. Look for them on our website soon!

100_0090.jpg

Assorted Bubble King Models. Also coming to the website soon.

100_0091.jpg

Last edited:
Thats all I have as far as pictures. When I have some time I'll summarize my notes from some of the different talks I saw. Might be some helpfull information in them.

Back