Made like a banana and split.......

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

pitmam01

Blondie911
I purchased my RBTA (Hot Tamale) 2 months ago and he was about the size of a silver dollar. He had grown to the size of a corn tortilla. As I do every morning at 5:00 am, I checked everything out in the tank today and he was in his usual spot, my cleaner shrimp (Sparky) right next to him as he always is. When I got home today, I went over to the tank and Hot Tamale had split into two Hot Tamale's. He had only scooched over a little to make room for the new one. Sparky is completely confused and looks pissed that he lost his usual spot on the ledge. Has anyone ever witnessed an anenome splitting?? Know of any sites that actually show the process, I bet it's fascinating.

:oops::oops::oops:

yeah its quite somthing seeing them rip themselfs in half! i had one split into 3 That was nutts! Fun stuff!

I had one split too. It was pretty awesome to watch. I was actually home when it did it. Took about 3 hours but was pretty cool to watch..

The best thing about my rose splitting was the LFS gave me $100 for it!!! Mine had gotten about 18" across and had pretty much divided my 180 in 2.

Split More, Split More, Split More................................

Jerry

Back