Mag Pumps

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I guess there is really no way to split them equally. with the tee, it could go back and forth or one side could just always be really strong.

I guess there is really no way to split them equally. with the tee, it could go back and forth or one side could just always be really strong.

Well, it is a closed loop so it "shouldn't" matter. The flow I would think would be the same no matter if one side is a bit longer...

Here's that photo again of mine I did. :)

it depends on how much flow it turns out. if i need more, i will keep a powerhead or two

I am planning on putting on a mag18 for my bullet2 skimmer is this thing going to kick out a butt load of heat? Thats the last thing i need. Can anyone suggest a pump that is as good as a Mag18 but is submersible and runs cool?

ronj said:
it depends on how much flow it turns out. if i need more, i will keep a powerhead or two

I would follow mark's(skimerwhisperer) advice and go bigger than a mag 9.5. Using the smaller pumps would not give much flow, 700 or 900 gph divided between a bunch of outlets is not very strong.

Another thought, you can design your closed loop so that if the pump you decide to go with doesn't work out you can just slap on a bigger one.

i'm only spliting it once. there will be two flow heads in the tank. i don't want it to be too much because it will blow my leathers too much

shallowreef said:
I am planning on putting on a mag18 for my bullet2 skimmer is this thing going to kick out a butt load of heat? Thats the last thing i need. Can anyone suggest a pump that is as good as a Mag18 but is submersible and runs cool?

dolphin 2000 wont be quite as warm as a mag 18, and it will be quieter, and slightly more flow

Back