Mandarin Goby Died

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mcdonaldjosh7

Coral!!!!
Well, after 6+ months of no losses of fish, my Mandarin Goby jumped to his death. There was literally one hole in the top he could have fit through, and he found it. My father found him on the top of the tank this morning dry as a block of wood. Attempted to stick him in cold water to 'revive' him, but a whole night without water was too much for the little guy. First bad thing that has happened since I started dumping more and more time into the tank...oh well, we gotta be used to this type of thing in the fish keeping hobby. Granted, if we didn't 'mourn' their deaths, questions could be risen about our dedication to the hobby and the well-being of the animals we keep. I don't know, just some food for thought.

Comment with your ideas, and how you react to death of animals in your tank.

So sorry to hear about your mandarin.
Yeah, its tough to loose a fish, but truthfully, its not nearly as bad as when I had to put down my cat or dog. Thats why I got into this hobby instead of getting another cat.
I dont feel so much for my loss, as much as I feel for the animal and their probably suffering in a case such as yours.

Sorry to hear man...Jumpers suck!! I had an arowana that jumped out of my tank that really upset me as I got his from a baby still having his yolk sac and when he jumped, he was close to a foot long. :doubt:.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bummer! Cold water usually won't revive a fish that is "dry as a block of wood" (lol) and then Krish says "jumpers suck!" and I had a vision of him trying to jump start the fish with jumper cables~ :bolt:

This is why I never name fish. too personal when you name them.

At least he was a jumper. Most people post that the maderin just died and want to ask why. These are not easy fish to keep because of there diet. Though they are getting easyer to care for since the sucess in captive breeding of that paticular fish.

Thanks for posting though! Do you plan on getting another?

Frank

i feel kind of bad knowing that all of them are living things, but i am definitely much more sad depending on how much the fish was! haha. when my first clown jumped from the tank i was dissapointed, then when my emporer angel got its fin bitten off by my snowflake i was devastated!

Back