March meeting

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Thanks again Steve and thanks to everyone for contributing to a great meeting. Brian, as always the frags were a treat. Hopefully, I now have my water in line and I'll have frags to distribute to the group in no time at all. Keep your fingers crossed that all of that SPS grows quick. BTW Steve, I came home and tested my Cal and Alk. Came up 460 and 10. I'm half tempted to buy probes. I could go for a piece of that sandwich right now. lol!

ben, Buy yourself a salifert test kit. I know they are pricey but seem to be worth it. brian tested my calcium with another test brand the day you and ed were at his house. it read high off the chart. I bought the salifert and found I was actually low like around 330-350 which made sense using IO. I also got the alk kit which seems to be right on with the calcium readings. what I mean is a swing in one shows in the other. when I tested yours yesterday it was 390. A little low. your alk was a little high. you may be right in the fact of having a crushed coral bottom with the high alk. post it to boomer or look in the threads. I had a good conversation with him about substrates and strontium. any way theres plenty of sandwich left I ll mail you a piece.

Holy smokes - the new reflector/ballast combo really works well

Yes it does......:D :D :D brian stay away from my house or I will call the police......:badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin: :badgrin:

steve,
i had a great time at the meeting.... everything was great. you did a really good gob at putting everything together. it was worth the nose bleed i got on the way down the mountain :) when you said you were a mountain boy i didnt think you meant it was your driveway.. :) i am glad i could give the club a good laugh watching me get out of there.....lol

as soon as i catch the flame angel he is yours...

thanks again.

I did a realy good gob.......lol:eek: Oh yeah putting brians sandwich together....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve, it was a very nice meeting/ swap. It was very nice of you, your wife and family to open your home to all of us. And that spread of food, my goodness, there was a loot of food!!!

I enjoyed seeing your tanks and how you have your fish room set up.
Thanks also for collecting all of those frags that you raffled off. Mine are doing wonderful. The zoas are all opened and very nice colors.

Thank you again for all the time that you and your family put into this.

Kristin

(Hey, by the way, did you happen to find $15 in your basement anywhere? My daughter lost her money)

glad to see it all worked out well. i thought the meet went realy good. I know lisa was trying to give me 15.00 for a frag......:D

no I didnt see it but will look around in the couches.

way to go ben. your the best. I will submit the link to everyone and see what they think.

Back