Marine Aquarium Expo 2011

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

To make it happened I need some big $$$$

Great idea but who could come up with the seed money to get this thing rolling. Any place you rent will have to be paid up front. The cost of rental items… Table chairs ect. Could make some money off it but my guess is at a minimum 10k..and more in the line of 30k. But that would be a small time one. Having to use some Community college gym or something like that. Maybe the Puyallup or Monroe fair grounds. Even then 10k will not get you very far.

Ya the venders will cover some of the cost, but you will have to lay out the cash first to show you have the time slot held.

Well, I guess that's why there needs to be at least 1000 people in atendance. $10 a piece. I do understand the dilema of having up front cost covered though. Can't help there.

sooooo.....what you are saying is...if we want MAX here...we gotta pay the up front?? I am a manufacturer's rep (flooring) and it has been my experience that you hit up the vendors.....it would seem that we/you could work with a venue for a timeslot far enough in advance with enough "bail out" time to enlist vendor's support and it either works out or it doesn't....make sense?

You are still going to have to lock down items with deposits to make sure you can fill the requirements that you promise the venders. Yes the deposits might be refunded if you fail. Yes you should recoup all the upfront cash and even make some in the end but you still will need some to get the ball rolling.

I would hate to spend 3 to 6 months working on something like this and when enough $$ comes in from the venders the venue time slot was rented to another event.

The Tacoma convention center would be good too...I know someone that ran an event there and I guess they provided stuff like tables and chairs, and it wasn't that expensive.

But either way I would be there and easily blow $100 at the vendors haha

Well, we wouldn't even have the opportunity until 2012 anyway. I think a few of these ideas are getting a little ahead of time. I was hoping that if enough people showed interest, MAX will do some of the planning when it comes down to it.

I'd be all over this, fo' sho'. I'd recommend the Puyallup fairgrounds expo hall. Its where the Pacific Northwest Captive Breeder's Expo(reptile/exotic pet expo) is every year. Its a nice medium size venue, lots of parking, easy to get to location. If you guys need more info about it, try hitting up Geovanni at The Bean Farm, as he held the show himself until ZooMed took it over(although its been a while, he may have a hand in it again), so could give you more info about this location.

Last edited:
Yes puyallup Fairgrounds would be PERFECT.. LOTs of parking and easy access. cheap hotels and close to my house !:)

Well, it looks like you people are certainly on the right track in regards to tenacity and spirit! We are exhibiting at MACNA in Orloando this weekend to promote our April show, so it probably wouldn't hurt to bring up the idea of Seattle to our core customers and see if they are interested in such an endevour. Getting the local retail fish stores on board is a key step towards encouraging the larger manufacturers to participate.

Back