MarineDreamer's Marine Dream

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

fantastic! uhaul was probably pretty pricey down and back to portland wasn't it? don't they charge by the mile?

anyhow - it looks great! you can tell the craftsmanship is excellent!

So, is it actually in place yet? Pix, pix, pix:lol:

Hurry up and get it plumbed and get it wet!!!:p

Tank looks great, and the attention to detail is fantastic, looking forward to seeing it in person.

So, is it actually in place yet? Pix, pix, pix:lol:

Hurry up and get it plumbed and get it wet!!!:p

Tank looks great, and the attention to detail is fantastic, looking forward to seeing it in person.

You are right, Todd. And the pictures do not do this thing justice. It is an absolutely gorgeous tank. I love it and I've only owned it a day. James is a great builder, and works hard to make sure you get your own marine dream. :razz:

fantastic! uhaul was probably pretty pricey down and back to portland wasn't it? don't they charge by the mile?

anyhow - it looks great! you can tell the craftsmanship is excellent!

Yes, they do... :cry: I had three trucks lined up, and yup all three fell through. So, this was very expensive 'suck it up' and 'git 'r' done.'

Here we are maneuvering the tank on to it's stand.

Then removing the coverings...

I still need to finesse it a little more. The Styrofoam slid when we were placing the tank onto the stand. So I need to get that right, and then it's on to the CLS!!! ;)

Looking good! I'd get rid of the hitchhikers though:badgrin:
Closed loop? Thought you were going to go with the vortechs and wavey seas?

Last edited:
That thing is a work of art! Look forward to seeing that thing in person one day :)

Don’t you fret any; there’s a few that I need to tip my hat too. So once this thing’s up and running I’ll throw a little B-B-Q shindig and we can all stand around and admire everyone’s else’s hard work sitting in my house!:lol:

Looking good! I'd get rid of the hitchhikers though:badgrin:
Closed loop? Thought you were going to go with the vortechs and wavey seas?

You'd be right yet again, sir! :eek: Don't let it go to your head...:lol:

Four vortech, controlled by a Reefkeeper 2, (more on that later...:shock:) a PanWorld 100PX returning through two Wavey Seas, and a CLS spraybar that will also serve as a 'framework' for the LR to attach to.;)

So, let's see here... 4 times 3000 GPH is 12,000 GPH, plus the sump return, another 1000 with the head loss, that's 13,000, plus the CLS at 3500, that would give me about 16,500 GPH turn over. Which if my math is right is about 68X turnover:exclaim::exclaim::exclaim: Find a dead spot here, Baby!:badgrin:

This is awesome. I'm super excited for you Trevor! t's going to be great!

side note: bummer about uhaul. gotta do what ya gotta do though I guess.

Trev, you should have asked me. I have a truck that has just been sitting in my driveway for 2 months. Sorry man, but hey you have your tank now, so I am sure you're happy!

Here's the return pump; a PanWorld 100PX. It's rated for 1400 at zero head. The pump is plumbed to the chiller, and from the chiller (through the wall) to the display tank. The two foot rise is most of the head loss. It's not much higher to the display tank from that point. And why is it that no one told me how hard it is to write on 3/4 diameter piping? :evil:

You don't have that skimmer up and running yet? I thought you would have that running as soon as you picked up the LR.

So did I. :evil: But I'm still working on the return. I'm going to have to cut into the vertical section of the outflow (again), rotate the gate valve 180 degrees and then run the line under the shelf to the opposite end of the tank. It's not easy when Lowe's/Home Depot are both half an hour away... ;)

It'll be running tomorrow. Pictures to follow

So I picked up Reef Keeper 2 by Digital Aquatics. :D http://digitalaquatics.com/ It's going to handle the lights, heaters, chiller, and the circulation pumps. It can do the whole wavemaker thing with a 'feeding' mode and a night mode. I'm debating if I should throw the display on the display tank, or keeping it with the sump out in the 'work' area. What do you guys think? The main display should be kept simple and clean. Or should I show off the 'newest,' greatest,' and 'bestest' technological wonder:?:

Trever, the reefkeeper2's are pretty sweet looking man. nice work! I'd show it off on the tank side. The only thing is that you'll need to figure out a stealth way to hide the wires coming too/fro the controller. If you figure it out, lemme know. I tried to build a picture frame around mine to hide the cables, but it still doesn't look all that great. Of course, I have an ACIII and I think you have a one up on mine looks wise anyway.

good luck.. and in whatever you choose, just keep it out of the way so that water can't drip on it.

So I picked up Reef Keeper 2 by Digital Aquatics. :D http://digitalaquatics.com/ It's going to handle the lights, heaters, chiller, and the circulation pumps. It can do the whole wavemaker thing with a 'feeding' mode and a night mode. I'm debating if I should throw the display on the display tank, or keeping it with the sump out in the 'work' area. What do you guys think? The main display should be kept simple and clean. Or should I show off the 'newest,' greatest,' and 'bestest' technological wonder:?:

What did you have to pay for the RK2? You can PM me. I have been thinking about getting one, in order to eliminate all the stupid timers under my tank. Also being able to run my closed loop more would be a real plus. I always forget to turn it on in the morning before I leave.

Project looks awesome so far.

DB

Back