MarineDreamer's Marine Dream

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Trever, the reefkeeper2's are pretty sweet looking man. nice work! I'd show it off on the tank side. The only thing is that you'll need to figure out a stealth way to hide the wires coming too/fro the controller. If you figure it out, lemme know. I tried to build a picture frame around mine to hide the cables, but it still doesn't look all that great. Of course, I have an ACIII and I think you have a one up on mine looks wise anyway.

good luck.. and in whatever you choose, just keep it out of the way so that water can't drip on it.

Ben, I was thinking about cutting a hole into the canopy and mounting the controller from the inside. I still haven't decided on whether I'm going to be putting it in the garage or not. With it in the canopy, I could easily hide the wires. But the wires would be hidden inside the garage too. Oh well, back to plumbing the Wavy Seas!

What did you have to pay for the RK2? You can PM me. I have been thinking about getting one, in order to eliminate all the stupid timers under my tank. Also being able to run my closed loop more would be a real plus. I always forget to turn it on in the morning before I leave.

Project looks awesome so far.

DB

DB, I really can’t remember what I paid for the RK2:oops:, now that you mention it. I’m going to have to go dig through my receipts now. I do remember that I picked it up at Reef Mystique. Will’s got one set up on the big tank.

I can only make about 40 gallons of water a day... So it'll be a few days before I can test the CLS. I'll post the pictures of it in action.

'bout time you got to work on this...have you broke anymore of my old equipment or is everything still intact?:lol:

:shock:I'm sure that I don't know what you're talking about.:shock:

But I'm sure that I'll have plenty of opportunity soon as I'm going to the skimmer external and then try to work the sump and refuge along the same wall. Should be fun. So... when are you headed up???:D

So, while I'm here; I would like to thank everyone who had put up with the endless barrage of silly/stupid questions while I worked out the CLS. (That would be you Scooty.)

The leak/flow test is being run with 125 gallons of R.O. water. As you can see, I'm just barely clearing the intakes.

So I moved out into the garage to re-work the sump/refugium stand. In case I didn’t mention it; I did manage to get ahold of Tom’s 40 gallon sump. So I needed to work that in. Unfortunately, the wall where this is all going to go wasn’t long enough to allow a side-by-side installation, so the refuge is sitting on a one inch styrofoam pad right on the concrete floor and the sump sits above it. The chiller is way up on the right. The protein skimmer is on the extreme right, and the calcium reactor and the eventual kalkwasser reactor/green water reactor can go next to the QT on the left.

I like the shelving system. IMO as long as the sytem links up alright, each tank does its job, and you don't have micro bubbles because of it, then its no problem. I think its a great way to utilize a small footprint in your garage. Well done. :)

Back