MarineTeng's 28 gallon nano

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Cool! Nice bedside setup! I was just talking to Scooter about that last night saying if I had a tank in my bedroom, the sound of hearing the water running would have me running to the bathroom all night!

yeah you already do that.... it wouldn't be good if you had the tank :lol: .

Marine teng dood, i think you're up to a good start :) .

alright, frags are in from the old tank, most of them, pics to come of the survivers when i get back, i think i'm getting better at fragging much thanks to JRbear(with a bunch of numbers here) who enlightened me a bit on zoa fragging, earlier i was just chopping off heads like old european kings this time i think i got to the base. i think these zoos are going to survive, got a bit more mat and could peel them with multiple zoos strung together
here's what to come in and my experience fragging them since i don't feel like starting a new thread
blue zoo - a bit sketch, this was my first try with JR's advice, i think at least a few of the polyps with survive, from the 3 polyps a month ago 6 polyps were starting
sunflower zoo - best frag of my zoo fragging career thus far, got 9-15 polyps all together then i split in half cause it was so good... then i flung it onto the floor... but i think they'll be good, they were opening already when i put them back
rainbow ric - had to use my massive muscle *pssshhh* to get to this one, broke the rock a few times to get to the base, then made a deep cut with minimal residue on the old rock and then wrapped it in netting onto a rock
frogspawn - this one was a bit gooey and tricky, the first break was clean, but it didn't break where i'd hoped quite and the vermetid snail that was one it proved to be difficult, after about 10 - 15 mins of a wood chisel i got all of it off except a bit of shell but i don't think that'll be reproducing..(correct me if i'm wrong)
ric/hairy shroom? - a simple head with some of the base, left part of the mouth on the old rock, hopefully for a new shroom/ric eventually, mushrooms are becoming easier for me with all the bullseye's i've cut
pics will come say sunday to tuesday let's hope
edit* almost forgot a few somethings, while i was moving stuff around my hand ran deep through my kenya trees and to my great surprise and joy they gave out two little droppings, i have low quality pics of them now
also caught some mini brittlestars by the legs - quick question about these, will a single leg grow into a new one?
a few more things i forget
my sps of unknown sp. - i just chiseled the rock around it completely to get no death algae, i think i'm good for not transfering it, i was rather careful and hoping now
and
GSP - i know this is easy usually, today was hard, mostly cause i'm awful at getting it off the rocks and cause of the nuisance red hair algae in it and the death algae, all in all i ended up with about 7 quite small frags, but i got a good section with no nuisance algae i think, it's small but it'll grow, i know it will
think that's all

Last edited:
alright the pics of the day
EmeraldCrab1.jpg

he checked stuff out when new stuff was added
EmeraldCrab2.jpg

then said hi
MiniBrittleStar.jpg

threw this dude in and he had some fun climbing
Added this dude next
Puffer.jpg

From my bookshelf
here's my only frag pic, the second sunflower zoa's blurry in the background
SunflowerZoas.jpg

and another attempt at the white and green ric
WhiteandGreenRic2.jpg

and just for kicks a few from the other tank, my yellow clown goby
YellowClownGoby.jpg

almost forgot this one
KenyaTreeDropping.jpg

Last edited:
just thought i'd update, so here's what is going on
hair algae has taken the glass, a conch however has found the glass very appealing and has cleaned off a small portion very thoroughly and seems to be going for more, however the conch is not stirring the sand as intended

i found out that both of my bulbs are 10k, i thought one was 13k as i bought it, so i'd like to change that sometime if someone wants to trade

fuge is almost set up, it's in the room, just lacking water, plan to finish this tonight before i leave
so on to work

another update, didn't hook up the cs50 right, no aqualifter or maxi mod, i did it wrong so it overflowed, now the fuge is out temporarily while the carpet is drying but i got some new live stock too, i'll take pictures when i can
i got an mint acan lord, some blastos, pink zoas with green mouths and a pocilopora

thanks for the compliment Brent
no final product pictures yet but heres some coral pics
my pocillopora, very blurry picture but it's in a difficult place with my fuge where it is for the tripod and this is the only pic that showed the slightly teal tips
Pocillopora.jpg

My Blastos, i realized the colony i bought may have been partially bleached out and is now getting its color back
Blastos.jpg

now for the zoas
Some of my Fire and Ice that i fragged from my other tank
FireandIce.jpg

Some Joker Palys
JokerPalys.jpg

A pair of RPE Polyps
RPE.jpg

Armor of God (two pics are the same frag)
ArmorofGod.jpg

ArmorofGod2.jpg

and a shot with the fire and ice, armor of God and the ones i got from Blazer
Endshotwithzoas.jpg

thanks for the compliments, i hope the armor of god frags grow fast, they'll look cool when there's more then just four polyps

hopefully they'll get to that point, i've been doing pretty well with zoas, i can't wait for them to grow to colony size

swc, it's actually coloring up to be a blue one with a purple rim, so if you want a white one just don't give your ric enough light, not suggested though

i noticed we havnet had a full tank shot in a while=) get one up there! it would be neet to see some growth shots from a motnh or two ago=) keep up the good work !

Back