mark weiss reef vital dna?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Marc Weiss products are generally nothing more than algae fuel, worthless to your reef other than supplying excess nutrients....don't waste your money....:D

MikeS

I've only herd about that stuff one time. A kid that worked at Petsmart swore by it. Unfortunatly he is the same guy who ran the department.

How does petsmart keep any fish alive? Do they have standard procedures?

Buy this instead, it'll help just as much....

banjsalv.jpg

Cheers
Steve

ive had BAD experiences with M.W. products. when i firt started out i was using them on the recommendation of an lfs and eventually by process of elimination tracked the problem to M.W. products. at best they are inconsistent and at worst possibly dangerous to your reef's health. i checked my tests repeatedly and with more than one bottle of product so i know that was the problem.

I've never used since my coraline grows faster than I can scrap it off. But I heard people have good luck with it.

I have it, but im nerivous about using it as much as it says too because I don't test for Ca.

I've found that most of those products are REALLY BIG sources of Ca and they will tip the balance in your tank. Vital ain't vital.

i use Purple Up in my tanks....it works just fine..i don't use the amount recommended though.. i add 5-10 drops every few days to my 72g....3-4 drops every few days to my 30g..i have tons of coralline in my tanks..

i use Purple Up in my tanks....it works just fine..i don't use the amount recommended though.. i add 5-10 drops every few days to my 72g....3-4 drops every few days to my 30g..i have tons of coralline in my tanks..

Do you have anything else using Ca in your tanks?

As long as you are monitoring your levels, you should be ok...keep track of Ca, Alk, Mg, and make sure they stay in balance. One other thing you need to watch with this stuff is your iodine levels. It contains iodine, and while iodine is quickly used up in the tank or skimmed out, it's also very easy to overdose the stuff. I'd keep an eye on that level, make sure it does not excede 0.06ppm.....

MikeS

Back