may 21 2011 PSAS meeting

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Myteemouse

NOTHING
On May 21th The psas will be holding an auction. At this auction members will be able (and encouraged) to bring any equipment or livestock (please keep SW related) that you would like to sell

May 21 2011
30156 3rd pl sw
Federal Way, WA
Time: 1pm-4:30pm

I hope alot of people show up. I havent made it to many meetings this year (only two) due to schedule conflicts with cubscouts.

I may have to try and make this meeting. Have a few things taking up space in the shop and the tanks. :D

Hey Adam, great idea for the meeting and plan on attending. Might I suggest that you maybe put together a list of items/probable items that people intend to offer to hype up the event even more so ie: I have a 1/10 hp chiller, Dolphin Amp-Master pump and AC Jr that needs new homes.

Cheers, Todd

IM going to suggest to Jan that she go to this as well. She has two different acrylic sumps, loads of mag drive pumps, five or six MH ballasts, and the list goes on.......

I do have all that stuff (and more) that needs to be sold, but I'm wondering what the turn out for this event will be. The last time I brought stuff to sell to a PSAS auction, only like 3 people showed up and they cancelled the meeting. I think it would help if people posted what they have to sell and we actually gauged interest from the members for bidding on those items. Or some method to prevent a repeat of what happened the other time.

Any interest in a leaking Red Sea berlin skimmer?

Seriously, I have many good pumps, two good skimmers, 175w and 250w electronic halide ballasts, a JBJ 29 gallon biocube and a matching 175w Sun pod, DIY kalk stirrer, etc etc etc but what makes the auctiuon format better than listing it in the classifieds here or on other social networks?

To give a possible answer, to Mike's question, and I'm just guessing here; it could be that a certain percentage of the proceeds would go to the PSAS club. If this is the case, that would be a possible benefit, over using the classifieds or other social network options. This would be a way to possibly give some financial support, to the PSAS club. Again, I'm only guessing, as there's nothing been stated, to this effect.

A few of us from North sound are planning on attending. Hopefully more people will show up that have not voiced an interest.

To give a possible answer, to Mike's question, and I'm just guessing here; it could be that a certain percentage of the proceeds would go to the PSAS club. If this is the case, that would be a possible benefit, over using the classifieds or other social network options. This would be a way to possibly give some financial support, to the PSAS club. Again, I'm only guessing, as there's nothing been stated, to this effect.

I was looking at it too, that instead of taking an entire day driving all over western wash for a few things that you may want or need, here its all in one place. You might have to wait around for it for a while since its an auction. A swap meet would be cool sometime too.

so I will be needing a few thing. lots of corals. power heads .. hopefully some one will have this..

I also will have a kalk reactor, up in the auction
oct10002.jpg

A green cores wrasse.

I will be bringing some zoas/palys and some soft/leather corals and maybe a small colony of purple digi, a pink birdsnest frag and a couple frags of some other plating coral. One is, I believe, idaho grape, but not sure and the other I have no idea but its pretty and seems to grow fast. I will have pics for it all. I dont want to bring too much.

I also have a small sump for sale and some other odds and ends.

May or may not attend. All depends on how the schedule looks at home. :D That and I am a little curious as to how this PSAS auction thing works. I would assume that an item that a person could put into the classifieds or such for say $100 would not have a starting bid of $5.00? or would it?

I think people would like to know how the PSAS auction meeting will go?. As in what percentage of the sale will the PSAS like to have. Also for people bringing items and the such I would assume they would want a minimum price for the item(s) and would therefor start the bidding accordingly.

Dunno, just curious and of course curiosity killed the cat. :D

May or may not attend. All depends on how the schedule looks at home. :D That and I am a little curious as to how this PSAS auction thing works. I would assume that an item that a person could put into the classifieds or such for say $100 would not have a starting bid of $5.00? or would it?

I think people would like to know how the PSAS auction meeting will go?. As in what percentage of the sale will the PSAS like to have. Also for people bringing items and the such I would assume they would want a minimum price for the item(s) and would therefor start the bidding accordingly.

Dunno, just curious and of course curiosity killed the cat. :D

From what I have read, yes you can set a minumum on your items. No mention as to any percentage going to PSAS though. It sounds like PSAS will have items up for auction as well. Unless I am reading that wrong.

the people selling can make a minimum bid. what they want for it .. then if you want to donate to us great...

Depending on how things go the next couple days with getting my new reef setup I may have a significant amount of equipment up for grabs. On another note, if the weather agrees, I'd be happy to fire up the BBQ. Just bring what you would like to cook up and we'll get it goin.

Back