Member of the Month - April 2008

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

That's awesome Jan, and well deserved! Gorgeous tanks and you've spent your time in the hobby obviously learning all that you can and helping others. Couldn't happen to a nicer person!

Josh

YIpeeeee! How very exciting! Thank you for the name drop too in the write up. It's fun to see how big all of the frags have gotten since you first started. They've really filled out nicely.

Can't wait to see what your new setup turns out like...

fun to see how big all of the frags have gotten since you first started. They've really filled out nicely.

Yeah, those orange monticaps are getting to be real monsters! :eek: :D

Thanks again everybody for the kind words.

Nice to hear from you, Josh. Long time no see or talk. IIRC, you have dibs on my 120 gallon when I make the switch to the bigger tank. ;)

Jan, nice job!!! way to go from newbie to hero in no time at all..Keep up the good work.. I left you a PM about the tank you were looking for, just let me know..

Thanks
Eric

I've been around... Life's thrown a few curve-balls, but it just seems to reconfirm how much I love this hobby. I haven't had a real set-up in years but I just keep coming back for more! Are you going to go ahead with the upgrade? I thought you were just going to do it when you thought your tank was going to spring a leak... It's a dangerous addiction! How's David taking it? Say hi for me, and I'll probably see you around at a PSAS thing in the coming year, if not elsewhere. I plan to join up again when I can actually make it to meetings! How's the RBTA doing?

Josh

Josh,

David is fully supportive of the upgrade...he actually was the first to suggest a peninsula style tank so we could see all three sides (his favorite viewpoint is is looking down the length of the tank). Then when Greg's 240 peninsula went up for sale, David agreed that it was a great deal and we should nab it if possible. :D So I'm lucky. The RBTA is doing great. It is so big that people keep asking me if it's really 2 RBTA's. I have to doublecheck myself sometimes. It's color is nice deep red-orange after I changed lighting to add more daylight temperature to the mix.

Hi Eric, I said this in your furniture thread but I'll be in touch shortly about that tank one way or another. :)

omg !!! BIG CONGRATS JAN !!! :D .
sorry if i'm late ... my ohh so beloved in-law family took over the darn computer and the office room so i'm barely on :mad::doubt:, but they're leaving on the 29 i believe :badgrin: (i'm crossing my fingers :badgrin:) .

Congratulations!!!!Jan,,,,
where am i opps!! to get to this so late,,,your tank looks very nice,,your contribution great,,,keep on reefing,,, ill stop by your tank soon.

Congratulations again:)

Congratulations!!!!Jan,,,,
where am i opps!! to get to this so late,,,your tank looks very nice,,your contribution great,,,keep on reefing,,, ill stop by your tank soon.

Congratulations again

dood what did you do to your bird, it looks fluffy :)

Hi there, Hillbilly :)

Nothing exotic in the way of birds...just a lovely orange canary in one cage and 3 parakeets in the other. The parakeets started out as an accident, as we rescued a stray from the roof of the stationwagon belonging to our neighbors. This bird just flew into our open cage so we figured it was meant to be. Then we got the other two birds to keep her company. :)

Back