Mikey's new softy tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Got a great pair of Bangaii Cardinals from EricReptiles plus some new corals and a little less rock. The Anemone keeps growing

Last edited:
That recordia is trying to eat the toad!?! :p

Looks really good Mike, the next time that I am up that way I will have to make a plan to swing by.

-augustus

Hey Mike, your Neon Green Toadstool (is that a Tyree) is sure getting big since I saw it last!!! That is the toadstool that the red ric is nestled up against isn't it?

Great looking tank, I like seeing the Mexicana in there, it really adds to the "life feel" that your tank has. Inspiring man!

artguy1

i should add that as stunning as these pictures are, they really dont do the tank justice. it is absolutley amazing:)

jaw dropping. nicest softy tank i have seen. very niceeeeee and so much growth
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with everyone leaving comments! Your tank is AMAZING, when i was introduced to this hobby 6 yrs ago the person who helped me threw suggestions and knowledge of reef keeping was basically a mini you! You are a big inspiration to lps lovers here in wa being that ive noticed theres a big sps population here! It would be great to meet you & your tank sometime! cheers mike!!!

Nice to see someone else in Mill Creek!! Your tank is amazing!!!!!!! You have inspired me now to turn my tank into a softy/lps now. How is not having a sand bed still going? Any updated pics?

Couple shots snapped today, poor resolution but you get the idea.
Added a nano :>)
aug2009nano.jpg

Here is 72 gallon softy tank with some hard corals now too:
aug2009.jpg

Simply WOW!!! I can quite tell but your green mushrooms on the very far right of the pic, are they growing on the glass? How often do you have to cultivate your softies? My two RTBA's are about that big to but I can never get them to actually have the bubble tips lol. I don't remember seeing you post it before on this thread but what kind of lighting are you using?

Back