Mikey's new softy tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

The pink and green ricordia are all growing on rocks. No real cultivation except with some rarer ones into friend's tanks. Like to let stuff grow. The RBTAs seem to like good water and some space with brighter lighting. These didn't used to bulb out, only started doing that a month or two ago.

The 72 is lit by two 175 w Reeflux halides in Luminbright reflectors.
The 28 gal nano has the standard compact florescent hood.

Very cool tank I was thinking about doing that to one of my tanks too. Was over at Eric's by your house and he said you had some very nice tanks would like to come by some time to see them.

Mike

nice pictures Mike. Will admit though it doesn't do it justice.....my favorite part of your tank is how everything moves with the flow..

...my favorite part of your tank is how everything moves with the flow..

Thanks guys. Adding the third nano allowed me to get the SPS out and into it's own domain. Lots better flow now. Have to agree, watching all the waving blues, greens, reds, and pinks is very relaxing.

Will have to get some updated pictures of all three little tanks. 72 bow softy, 29 gallon nano for zoas, shrimp goby pair, pipe, and soon to be sea-horse tank, and the 24 gallon SPS nano

Oh your getting good at this Saltwater thingy..
I thought you didn't like sticks anymore?LOL
You got the "sickness" too.

New sump and SWC Extreme skimmer

Put two temporary braces in holding up the front of the tank then I carefully knocked the central brace out with dead-blow hammer.
At that point removed one side temp brace and swapped sumps.
Then put a brand new center brace in. Added new corner lumber for support and so doors would close and viola!
New skimmer fits with tons of room to spare.
36 w x 12 d x 16 h

Last edited:
Is that all carbon in the Phos reactor on the left?
Yep, carbon in one chamber, Vodka pellets in the other. Daisey chained together with a little maxi-jet powering it.
I am into low electrical consumption:)

Occationally will run a phosphate scrub but almost always carbon due to mixed reef with anemones too.

Back