Mikey's New Toy

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Hey mike man, your tank is realy nice the color's are great those pic's are just off the hook yeah boy! Oh i had to change the monkey for now because i am in my thinking mode:D

You guys are too kind. The tank is doing great but the shots suck: pics were blurry and most colors looked washed out. Will have to learn how to put the cam on manual focus, practice practice practice...

The angel in your avatar looks amazing. I cant believe the coloration it has. Tank looks great as well! Next week will be interesting when you add the new fishies lets hope for the best!

Still working on how to manually focus, but here a re a few better shots:

Blue tipped green acro "frag" from Salsaking: name anyone?

Baby clams in feeding bowl

Newer ACRO frags including blue tort and rose tip, blue stag etc

Other cool frags

Green rics plus babies and zoas

Man mike your the man. I think I seen some of your stuff before.
Great job! Looks like we are all one big happy family.

i like the shot with the 3 tangs!!! Mike, how hard is it to keep that birdsnest coral???? i ordered alot of frags the other day..one of them was a birdsnest coral frag

Thanks Ron the Yellow who used to be king of the pond, was giving the Sailfin a very hard time till the Hippo told it to knock it off (no fooling.) The angel is the dominant fish now. In the QT, the hippo was the coward, now it is a tough guy of the 3 tangs :>)
Birdsnest not much harder than any other sps as best I know. Only problems I seem to be having is chemical warefare and have been gradually solving the issues one at a time.

Last edited:
:eek: That is an impressive tank, looks really nice you sure have a green thumb......wait I guess that would't apply here..... well, you got something anyways! keep it up

Thanks Ron the Yellow who used to be king of the pond, was giving the Sailfin a very hard time till the Hippo told it to knock it off (no fooling.) The angel is the dominant fish now. In the QT, the hippo was the coward, now it is a tough guy of the 3 tangs :>)
that's cool..i wouldn't have suspected the hippo to be dominant of those three though!! i think my powder brown is going to be dominant when i add my other tangs...right now, the hippo and powder brown are best buds..i have never seen them fight or act aggressive towards each other

Some new pics:

Some corals and frags

It survived the necrosis, Thanks to A. Calfo

Zoas and Palys

Nice acro from Eric

Huge Purple/pink Milli with some green morph

Lordi

Green Polyped Sarc

Angle shot of corals

Back