Holy Packing Peanuts!
IMG_72321031x1280.jpg

IMG_72471280x738.jpg

A sample rock.
IMG_72361280x853.jpg

IMG_7242924x1280.jpg

IMG_72521280x853.jpg

Thanks Ben,
External overflow, dual returns with a SCWD, no pumps or anything in display, 4 Par38 Dimable LEDs 12watts each. The sump will consist of a 29 gallon tank and probably an AquaC Remora Pro rated for 125 gallons i have lying around. I plan to house mixed corals and tiny gobies.

Sounds great, can't wait to see what you do with it! I can donate a couple frags when you are ready if it would help your project move along. Any thoughts to what gobies?

Thanks, thinking trimma, and green banded, maybe a shrimp goby. Tying as much volume as i can to it so I'm not too terribly limited. Perhaps some firefish too, I will have a canopy in place first I know they are jump happy.

Last edited:
Looks good. Just one question, why in the display tank only 12 gallons, but your sump is going to 29 gallons.

Thanks Krish!

Had the glass cut today and put together the overflow box. Will retouch the silicone with a razor blade in a few spots in a few days when i go to drill the bulkhead hole.

IMG_72561280x1177.jpg

IMG_72541280x1020.jpg

Ok. That sounds like you got a good deal on the 29. I wish I even had a petco within easy reach that I could go to.:cry: But my mom will not let me go bigger than my current system anyway ( 55 gallon pefecto main display with a 30 gallon perfecto refugium), she says I have to wait until I have my own house to get a 200 gallon display.

Same here about the multiple tanks, at one time I had 1x 55 gallon, 3x 10 gallons, 1x 8 gallon, 2x 2-1/2 gallons, and 1x 1 gallon. They were all in the living room also, but they were all freshwater so it was easier to care for them. Now I only have a 55 gallon display tank with a 30 gallon refugium saltwater tank, but it also cost about the same to run so my mom is not all to happy about it. She does how ever look at the saltwater tank a lot more than she ever did the freshwater tanks.:rolleyes:

Yeah reefing ain't cheap but it sure is worth the money, and the fish have so much more personality than freshwater fish i find. I had so many freshwater fish when i was a kid, cichlids were always my favorite cause they actually seemed to show some intelligence. In my book anything that can set up a territory has some thought going on ;)

Going to drill the bulkhead in overflow today then probably silicone the overflow onto tank. Will get some pics up later.

Leak tested overflow last night and it had zero leaks, was interesting to test since its an odd shape. I had to lay it at like a 30 degree angle and fill it with water.

Still gotta touch up that silicone, trying to find my razor glass scrapers still. I hope to have it fairly cleaned up and mostly match the silicone on the Mr.Aqua. Going to cut an acrylic top for this box too, the glass shop wanted an arm and leg to cut this glass so i left off the top piece lol.

Something interesting i'm going to try... making glass teeth for the overflow lol, we'll see how it goes.

Back