Mirage's 40 Gallon Stretch Hex

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Some nifty Acrylic frag tiles i made today :) They are hazy because i sanded them to give them a bit of texture for zoos to grab onto, hopefully.

007.jpg

Oh and my Eel shipped! He said it should be at the hub tomorrow morning or thursday morning, i can't wait! Thanks Les!

And here is a better more clear FTS with some more corals that i added recently.

3-30-10FTS.jpg

Last edited:
Ordered 2x Koralia Evo 1050 today, birthday present to myself :) Also ordered two bags of frag disks because i really hate frag plugs.

They will be replacing the two Koralia 2s in the tank for an added 900gph flow. 2100 gph overal for a total of 52.5x turnover rate up from the current 30x turnover.

I may keep one of the K2s and put it lower and in the middle so that rockwork gets more flow through it, that would put me at 67.5x turnover which may be a bit much but we'll see :)

Coral Shipment came in this morning with the following corals:

MrCoral™ Eaters Palys

Blue Cloves

Fire & Ice Chalice

Purple Passion Zoas

Hell's Kitchen Zoas

Lilypad Zoas

Hulk Galaxy Coral

Lifesavers Acan

And some sort of Maze Brain (it was free!)

I'll try and get some pics up soon as everything settles in, most everything is fully opened up cept the galaxy isn't fully content yet, hes got some sweepers out though.

K here are the pics of the latest Corals, the Galaxy still isn't fully opened and one of the zoas i didn't get a good pic of so i'll have to add that later.

The Galaxy

082.jpg

Maze

083.jpg

Fire and Ice Chalice

088.jpg

Some sort of Eater Paly

091.jpg

Blue Cloves

093.jpg

More Zoas

094.jpg

More Zoas

095.jpg

Lifesavers Acan

096.jpg

Throwing this one in because i love how Candycane feeding polyps look :)

077.jpg

Nah hes way out on his own. I'll keep it pretty isolated, i've wanted one for a long time they are fascinating. They definitely have some insane sweepers though :)

Added final fish today, another black little clown My other clown took right to him and they are following each other around, they even slept next to each other lastnight.

Wavemaker arrived today and seems to work great with the new Koralia Evolutions.

Yesterday i picked up a few corals: (Thanks Brandy!)

Acropora Valida (Purple)

Very large frag of Idaho Grape Monti

Teal Tabling Acro

Green Pocillipora

Decided to mess with my MH so stuck it on the back of the tank and let it run for 15 mins. It's friggin' hot and super bright! My clowns were freaking out from the intensity. I put the T5s back on for now until i can hang the MH and start it out way above the tank and slowly lower it.

Some pics with the MH, it's really blue with the 20K bulb, i love it!

002.jpg

003.jpg

006.jpg

010.jpg

Acropora Valida from Brandy.
016.jpg

The slimer frag all healed up now!

Back