MJ mod spins backwards

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Just purchase a piece of 3/16 rigid airline tubing and cut a 3/4" piece off. Then make a hole using a 3/16" drill bit. Round off the edges on the end that will go inside and push the piece all the way in until it is flush with the outer part of the shroud. This works all the time.

I have seen that method of incorporating the bounce stick in the center brace. should be just like cuz mine is not far from the front - Let us know how you make out.

Holy Smokes. I just made some minor adjustments and it started right up in the right direction for the first time ever. It's been running for about an hour now without any problems.

The only thing i changed was, i cut back the rigid airline tubing that makes up the impeller about an 1/8 of an inch. This gave it some play to move back and forth on the stainless rod. Then i widdled the prop down a smidge. I plugged in the motor and it started right up the first time. I'm wondering if i could have just cut back the impeller and left the prop alone. AT least it's working and pushign a good amout of water. If it turns out to be that simple of a fix, that's amazing. Alls i did was use a razor blade to cut off some stuff.

you still may need to put some sort of bump stick in it. On sart up it could go either way but I think once it is running -unless it encounters something that stops it and bumps it into reverse- it will stay running in that direction.

I have a similar issue, can someone gives more details on what the "acrylic rod" is? A picture would be helpful (some of the pic links don't work any more). Thanks.

I have a similar issue, can someone gives more details on what the "acrylic rod" is? A picture would be helpful (some of the pic links don't work any more). Thanks.

Check the first and third pics above. I checked all the links and they work maybe were down or something while you were here

Back