Mojo et al its time

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

edgerat

Indecisive
324369-dfg.bmp

ok, so this is the basement of the new house we are building. as you can see in "scale" drawing the fish room and tank will be situated in one corner of the room. The tank will be 60x??x24" cubish style like the tedinator's tank. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=513472 what I need is some more brains on the project so I can make sure we have everything done at the time of construction so that I dont have to re-engineer anything once the house is done. I plan on having the tank viewable on three sides with all the plumbing ran through the wall into the fish room behind the tank. The lighting system will be on some sort of a rail system(need design help here) so that it can be retracted or whatever it needs to be so that I can completely move it off the tank for aquascaping or whatever it may be. I need idears on the flow(MOJO) and I wish I could get away with streams but I don't think it is going to be possible with 3-sides viewable. The lighting heat will be vented outside, the fishroom itself will have a vent and fan to get rid of humidity, not really sure how I am going to measure this or work out the plumbing of it. Lastly, I plan on having the chiller outside in a little enclosure of some sort so I need some thoughts on how to plumb that. I would like to use rubbermaid troughs for the sump and skimmer compartment as they are easy to get and I dont need lots of sophistication in that department. I plan on running 4 lumenarcs and some VHO's for twilight lighting.

after a little more thought on this I think 4 streams will be the hot ticket. Two in the back wall(same as the coast to coast overflow) about middle height and then two in each front corner pointing up and back towards the direct center of the tank. Just need some of them hideastream rocks.

Put the tank between the two bedrooms and sacrifice the closet. the linen closet can then be used for equipment, Then again this is from a single guy!

hehehe the girlfriend gets a steam room so I get to put my tank wherever I want it :) it needs to go somewhere in the room where it is now because I want to be able to look at the tank or the tv/projector screen without having to move alot.

since the house is new construction I am just going to have them build me a fish room for the tank instead of using existing space because I want to be able to have a concrete floor with a drain and all that stuff in the fishroom and only have the tank and stand in the display.

what about we live in wa and it gets cold out so putting equipment outside would seem less than ideal. Seems to me if you have a ventilated fish room that there is were i would put the chiller. thats just me i dont like the idea of my 1000.00 chiller outside in the northwest weather. oh yeah and make sure that steam room is lookable from the outside. hehehehe

Back