Monti Frags

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ronj

Blue Tang
i got some new pics of my monti caps.i got them about 2months ago..they have colored up nicely under my VHO's..i just put them on some eggcrate in the bottom of my display..i will have to acclimate them to my MH's in the next day or two

They look very nice. I just ordered an sps frag pack and was a little upset that they didn't include any monti caps.

cool!! i am still trying to find a few different colors..i am working on getting some frags from some people in Louisiana..i am going to have to drive like 3hrs to get them nobody wants to ship them....

i would feel better about having them in my hands. I dont want to put the frags in the hands of the ups or fed ex!!!!!!!! ya know

well, it will only work out if they end up giving them to me for real cheap...i don't want to drive that far and pay a bunch of money

nope,not at all..i just found the forum yesterday..it is a Louisiana forum..i found a local one, but nobody has posted on it..there are 18-19 members, but only 2 have posted, including me!! the other one has most of its' members in Lafeyette, Baton Rouge, and New orleans..i will drive to Lafeyette(2-1/2hrs), but the others are too far

what other colors are you looking for Ron?? I have yellow which is actually yellow and not a light green. Very yellow. I have a pink polpy Tyree LE and a blue polyp Tyree LE too. I also have an orange w/blue polyps. This one is super sweet.

sweet!!!! those all sound cool!!!! nobody ever seems to have any..they have suddenly become popular..what are the Tyree's??..i keep hearing about them, but i am not sure what they are..i am traveling to Alexandria today..i found a fellow reefer that has some frags he is going to give me for like $25(acros)..he said he has a handful of them that got broken i transit..he is like 1-1/2 hrs away...i have no way to get any here..they are hard to come by...i was going to travel into Lafeyette today(Scooters city), but the guy wanted like $70 for 3 frags..it wouldn't be worth the 3hr drive..if you happen to have some frags that you could part with, i have shipping:D :D

Steve Tyree is the person who became the sps pioneer back in the 80's. He was/is the first to successfully keep them and he has an amazing knowledge of these corals. The first time I talked to him over the phone my knees where knocking. LOL.. He's my mentor. http://www.reeffarmers.com

Sue,wait till you see the cap that i got today!!! it is the nicest one i have ever seen..the guy had about 10 different monti cap colonies..he broke me off a good size peice..i will try to get some pics tomorrow when the lights are on..they probably won't look the same under my VHO's, but they have to stay there for a few weeks in qt..they should color up nicely under my halides:D

i went ahead and took some pics..the monti looks totally different from when i saw it in the guys tank..it will look diiferent anyway..he had 400w 10K bulbs...he had all of his corals pretty close to the top...one of the pics is with the flash on and the VHO's off..the rest are with the VHO's on!!!

that color is usually Montipora peltiformis. Are you seeing any stress on these frags going from that high of lighting, 400w 10k to vho's?? I can't imagine that the frags are not going through some acclimation stress.

very nice corals dood :).
there's a monti that i saw from Sherman's tank (Jason) ...he has a monti with blue polyps ...it looks really awesome :D.

that color is usually Montipora peltiformis. Are you seeing any stress on these frags going from that high of lighting, 400w 10k to vho's?? I can't imagine that the frags are not going through some acclimation stress.

i am not sure if it is a cap..it looks like one!! the guy told me it was..i don't know...i think his lights were actually burning his corals!! he had 4-400w bulbs over his tank..he had alot of acro's near the top that were dying!!!.let me know what the difference in a peltiformis is!!!!

Back