montipora and acro fadding

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

barrierreefcf said:
Any chance we are just seeing a tank that has "dialed-in" and the SPS is now really happy and settled and he's just seeing growth tips? Any pics available? Probably not, but I just thought something so simple should be checked off the list of possible scenarios. I think Don was trying to go here.

Yup, if they have tissue and polyp extension they may just be growing.:)

Don

Frank,

If there is no tissue or Polyp Extension (PE), I regret to say that it sounds like this comment is a little too late. I completely understand that every tank is different but I will also say that at Kahuna Corals, which is bare bottom, the Acros and Montis did remarkably better once I added a swarm of blue damsels to the SPS tanks. This experience is mirrored many times over on Reef Central where people who have Bare Bottom tanks do much better with their SPS once they add more fish and feed the fish accordingly. I know that this may seem overly technical but there really is something to this. With that said, you have a fair number of fish and feed them a generous amount it goes without saying that you need to make sure that you have steps in place to export the waste. Please feel free to call or email if you would like.

Best Wishes,
Barry Katz
www.kahunacorals.com
(800) 764-0884
(425) 761-6303
[email protected]

Last edited:
thats better, shoot for under 9, i would sit and wait. you will be surprized to see how much the corals eat. Man they get sick quick and take for ever to recover, or for us to see recovery. I have done the same thing, and to im waiting for the stability in my tank. Best Wishes.... ReefferManiac

Back