Motorcycles!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Maxx

Staff Housemonkey
I've seen a few pics of Motorcycles here on the board, and thought we needed a few more.

This is my 2006 Kawasaki Concours.

Left_side-1.jpg

Left_45-1.jpg

Front_1-1.jpg

This is my 2nd bike. My first was a Yamaha V-star 1100 Classic. Thats more of a Harley looking bike. It was a great bike to learn to ride on, (I've been riding for 3 years...took MSF lessons), but I wanted something with better wind/rain protection, hard bags to hold things (like my duty belt when I'm heading to work), and a bigger gas tank to go longer between fill ups.

If my bike looks like it was made in the 80's.....its cause that's when it was designed. In 1986 the First Concours rolled off the line and was built to go against the best Sport Touring bikes BMW had to offer. In the past 20 years, Kawasaki has basically just changed the paint...and not much else.

My bike has a 110 hp engine, (puts about 90 hp to the ground), a 7.5 gallon fuel tank and will carry just about anything I need it too.

Nick

I have added a few things to the bike to make it safer and more comfortable to ride longer.

I added a Headlight and a Brakelight modulator. These act to make the bike more visible to cars on the road with me. I have no desire to be the next statistic or Ben Roethlisberger. The headlight modulator flashes the brights 2-4 times per second making the bike more visible in daylight hours. This helps reduce the chances of someone pulling out infront of me or making a left turn in front of me because they didnt see me. The human eye is atracted to movement and the flashing light definately attracts attention.

The brake light modualtor does the same sort of thing....when the brakes are applied, (either one) the brakelight flashes 3 times, then holds for 3 seconds, and starts flashing again.

Both of these were inexpensive, (less than $100 together) and worth the money.

I also wear a riding jacket and when wearing my uniform, the pants as well.
Men’s Airglide 2 Mesh Tech Jacket & Pant

These are made of mesh ballistic fiber that allows airflow through to keep the rider cool, but protects in the event of an accident. Great products, I cant reccomend them enough. I like these so much, I bought a set for my wife as well.

Anyway,
nuff about my bike. I'd love to see more pics of other bikes. More the merrier.

Nick

that's really kewl dood !!
you got a really neat bike :) ..... well better than my bicycle :p:D .
The same goes for the jacket... very nice

Nice bike.. Here's my 2004 Harley..

Pretty much stock except for Stage 1 Kit (Air intake Mod Kit), Computer reprogammed for Stage 1 kit and exhaust..

Cool Bike Nick! My first impression looking at it was a "pimp" Police motorcycle!!! I guess you can't get away from your roots!(LOL) Thanks for sharing:)

Gaby I just busted out laughing when I visualized you riding a bike.:badgrin:

Great bike, there sure is nothing better to save gas, i got mine early this summer and love it. I like the 80's look as well, but maybe thats becase mines an 84.

Anyway great bike!

welcome to RF rocketman dood :) !!!

LOL!!! Brenden :D .... yeah i guess a a big mexican hat and a bike with a horn that has the La cucharacha song would be hylarious :D :p.

Hey Nice Kazawackie Nick!
I have always liked Sport-Tourers. My first road bike was a 84' Yahama 750 Seca. Had lots of great times riding the heck out of that bike. Well after a long hiatus of no road riding it was time to get back in the saddle. Sooooo I went to the Harley dealer and picked up my 05' Road King Classic. Been on it for about 2 years now. Very different riding a heavy bike as you know but I love it. Anyway here's a couple pics.
Ride Safe,
Scott:cool:

James734,
nice Night Train....I always liked those.

Szidls,
I prefer the Road King Classics over the standard Road Kings myself.
Oddly enough, I used to sell Harley's prior to becoming a cop. I did it part time while bartending. It was fun. Kinda miss being around all the different bikes on a daily basis.

Great pics guys.....lets see some more!

Nick

Well here is my other mistress.
View attachment 14800
I have been off-road racing from 4years old to current. At 14 I started riding street and started racing on the track at 16. Currently I no longer race but attend as many track days at Pacific raceway as my schedule and wife will allow. Ride safe and reef long is my slogan.
Nice bikes everyone.
Thank you,
David

Last edited:
Nice Ducati!
What do you think of the new Ducati retro's?
I think its a neat concept, and definately something that will sell. I just wish I had cheaper hobbies so I that I could play more.

I dont have enough discretionary income that I could have two bikes, (that I paid for....), Oddly enough, a buddy of mine is giving me his 1992 Honda Nighthawk 750. He hasnt ridden it in over two years...feels he has too much Karmic debt to pay off, wants to eliminate the ways he could do it painfully he said.

I know I'll need to clean and most likely sync the carbs, drain, clean, and re-fill the gas tank, change oil/filter and plugs, get a new chain, most likely change out the brake fluid, and get a new battery....but I figure for less than 1k, I can get a nice bike for my wife to learn on, and have a spare for when my lil brother comes into town.

Now, if I can just figure a way to get it over to my house.....

Nick

I like the new retro’s (oxymoron I know). I think they will be big sellers for Ducati. They are not my kind of bike but they have one I do like, here is a picture of the new Paul Smart model replica, its nice but still not my style.
View attachment 14801
I had Night Hawk 750 (not sure the year but 92 would be close) in high school I road it back and forth to school on nice days. It was a very easy bike to ride well.

Back