Motorcycles!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Here are a few pics the day I got it. The bike was bone stock but now has a high-mount pipe, undertail, and flush signals. WAYYYY to much fun :)

Bike3.jpg

Full_Bike.jpg

woou dood another great bike and it's ....HONDA !!! :D :p .
Seriously very nice bikes everyone... i wish i could ride one of those .

Blazer,
I've never ridden an F-4, but I've never heard a bad ting about them. They are pretty.

Steve,
I know several guys who own a couple of bikes and have the Ninja 250 in their garage as well. Its a great bike that can do lots. From what I understand, that bike tops out at 100 MPH, and will get 74 mpg. Mine might be faster, and carry more, but I dont get that kind of mileage out of her.
My best yet has been 43 mpg. I'd bet you could easily get that and still ride hard doing it.

Great bikes everyone!!!

Anymore out there??

Nick

Well here is mine. I don't ride it as much as I used to, but it is a lot of fun and way too fast. 2003 Kawasaki Z1000 with 132 HP at the back wheel :D

DSC_4279Large.jpg

geez you guy's a going to make me cry. My beloved gsxr was stolen just over a year ago and was probably sold for parts on ebay. I guess I could be riding my wifes lowerd down ninja 250.

Don

Don...Do you have a pic of your wife's dropped bike? I've never seen a lowered Ninja before, but don't take one if you don't have a pic...I was just curious:)

krish75 said:
Don...Do you have a pic of your wife's dropped bike? I've never seen a lowered Ninja before, but don't take one if you don't have a pic...I was just curious:)

Looks just like Steves except black w/purple wheels and about 3" shorter. Great for short women. You replace the ex250 dogbone with a ex500, hack 3" out of the kick stand and weld back together and you have a lowered Ninja 250. Cute toy:)

Don

Maxx. I am averaging 64 mpg over the past 800 miles. I dont know from experince how fast it will go. I have had it up to 85. PLENTY fast enough for me so far. Just super fun.
Tommorow I am going to ride the back roads to Mammoth Cave national park, take the Green river ferry across, and ride through the park. Go slow and watch for deer, and turkey. Its only going to be 86 for a high here. I am looking forward to it. Did my first oil change last night. Valves were adjusted at the dealer 65 miles before I bought it. I am about to order a set of Pirrelli sport demons for it. I am just loving this bike.
Big T and Dave those sure are some pretty pretty bikes.

wrightme43 said:
Maxx. I am averaging 64 mpg over the past 800 miles. I dont know from experince how fast it will go. I have had it up to 85. PLENTY fast enough for me so far. Just super fun.
Tommorow I am going to ride the back roads to Mammoth Cave national park, take the Green river ferry across, and ride through the park. Go slow and watch for deer, and turkey. Its only going to be 86 for a high here. I am looking forward to it. Did my first oil change last night. Valves were adjusted at the dealer 65 miles before I bought it. I am about to order a set of Pirrelli sport demons for it. I am just loving this bike.
Big T and Dave those sure are some pretty pretty bikes.

Did you order the next size up for tires? Should top out about 92 with your weight. Scuff the sport demons before any twisties their not very sticky.

Don

love and rockets

rocketman2005 said:
Great bike, there sure is nothing better to save gas, i got mine early this summer and love it. I like the 80's look as well, but maybe thats becase mines an 84.

Anyway great bike!

It is cool that a user's first post on a Salt Water forum... is about motorcycles :)

Welcome to the forum!

Very nice bikes everyone. Looks like we need to all get together and go for a ride. Everyone meet at my house tomorrow and we'll cruise Clearwater beach. How's that sound. :D
DSCN2926.jpg

DSCN2925.jpg

DSCN2924.jpg

Yes, I know the garage is a mess. I blame it on my habit...I mean my hobby. :)

james734 said:
Thanks Maxx.

Nice looking bike there Scott. I think my next Harley will be a Road King.
Hey thanks for the comment James. I really like your Nightrain. I have several friends that ride softails. I went back and fourth trying to decide on a Fatboy or the Bagger. In the end I guess the air shocks won out..lol.
Man all the Rocket Ship bikes have me drooling. Nice rides everyone. Blazer I would be partial to the CBR if I really had a brain lapse and bought another bike.:D
Oldsaint, Hey great Fatboy! I can see you have been keeping Harley in buisness with the chrome adds. I have been doing some but next upgrade to the flhrci will be stainless cables and chrome clutch/break goodies on the handlebars. I may go for the stage 2 95ci big bore.
Best, Scott

szidls said:
Oldsaint, Hey great Fatboy! I can see you have been keeping Harley in buisness with the chrome adds. I have been doing some but next upgrade to the flhrci will be stainless cables and chrome clutch/break goodies on the handlebars. I may go for the stage 2 95ci big bore.
Best, Scott
LOL yes the guys at the Harley shop know me well. I just finished adding new bars and chrome cables a few weeks ago. They wanted 1000.00 labor so I decided to do it mtself. I would say if you got the $$$ let them do it. It was not fun. Especially since all my electrical wires are running inside the bars.
When I first purchased the bike I had them do a stage 2 big bore on it and it really made a difference. I wish I would have gone with the next bigger sized cam. The saleman talked me out of it at the time, but now that I know most the mechanics they all said I should have done it. I would suggest checking into it. You waste the cam that comes with the kit but you can always sell it.

I've been really happy with CBR's. This is actually my 4th bike over the past five years of riding. People always ask me, "isn't it hard to work on those things?" The answer is easy...I ride a Honda so I never have to find out :D I've love to get a cruiser some day as my bike isn't the most comfortable thing in the world with the wife on the back, but I still have plenty of sportbike left in me. You guys have some great looking cruisers on here. Anyone riding the the next PSAS meeting to the Shark Reef? Can't beat the first-on first-off with the ferries :)

DonW said:
Did you order the next size up for tires? Should top out about 92 with your weight. Scuff the sport demons before any twisties their not very sticky.

Don
Yeah they are 100/90 16 front and 130/90 16 rear. Absolutley scuff in parking lot, figure eight practice. lean bike, weight to the outside peg, steady throttle, no let off, no rear brake.

Last edited:
Back