Mouse's 125 peninsula dream + 2

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

yes it would!!
I'm gonna be buying a better MH reflector down the road but for now the cheepy spider reflector will work fine for me!!

I think so
T-5's with individual reflectors would do just fine. Do you have the ballasts yet??
You could run all 4 on an icecap 660 .Over amp them babys I know of alot of people switching from MH to T-5's and keep SPS high in the tank...
They do great.. RETURNOFSID is one of them...

Yeah, I know more folks going with T5 these days. There's a couple of guys over here in Montana that are doing just fine with them. I have the Workhorse ballast with these. I think I could get away with 2 if I line the trays up right. Knowing me, I would probably have to anchor the trays down. I like alot of water movement.

Sweet little frag tank. You and Crystal are commited for the long haul now. The little ones will have holes in their socks but the cleaner crew will be newly replenished. :lol:

Awe, dont take offense in it. I do the same thing here. :p

Sweet little frag tank. You and Crystal are commited for the long haul now. The little ones will have holes in their socks but the cleaner crew will be newly replenished. :lol:

Awe, dont take offense in it. I do the same thing here. :p
Well the frag tank is for makeing money not spending?? RIGHT?
Thats what I keep telling my self...:lol::rolleyes:

I know of alot of people switching from MH to T-5's and keep SPS high in the tank...

No need to keep the sps high in the tank. I've got sps doing just fine nearly on the bottom of my tank and it's 23" high. That's just with a nova pro. An ATI powermodule will work on 30" tanks.

Nice Tang and Jawfish Adam. I've never seen a Tang like that, too cool. We've wanted the black cap jawfish you have for a while. The LFS said they are a hard fish to acclimate. I'm yet to get one, but it is on my list whenever the store actually has them in. They love rubble laid out on the substrate so they can build their own burrows. It's so cute to see them build.

Charlie, I would go with at least 4 T5 bulbs over a 40 breeder if you're keeping sps. I actually use 6 bulbs over my 40 breeder and when the bulbs are brand new they produce a lot of light and my sps get really light in color. I too can keep sps on the bottom of the 40 breeder. I think four bulbs is perfect, but went with six myself to have more options in the bulb mix.

Nice Tang and Jawfish Adam. I've never seen a Tang like that, too cool. We've wanted the black cap jawfish you have for a while. The LFS said they are a hard fish to acclimate. I'm yet to get one, but it is on my list whenever the store actually has them in. They love rubble laid out on the substrate so they can build their own burrows. It's so cute to see them build.

Charlie, I would go with at least 4 T5 bulbs over a 40 breeder if you're keeping sps. I actually use 6 bulbs over my 40 breeder and when the bulbs are brand new they produce a lot of light and my sps get really light in color. I too can keep sps on the bottom of the 40 breeder. I think four bulbs is perfect, but went with six myself to have more options in the bulb mix.

Thanx for the input, but this is only gonna be a frag tank. I can see using 4 T5's but I think 6 could get to be overkill, but then again, I am not one to speak of overkill.:D:D:D:D
That and the fact that I have alot of eggcrate and pvc laying around to build racks.

GOt the standpipe done and running good now and some frags in there too..

Attachments

• may 9 002.jpg
    may 9 002.jpg
    43.1 KB
Back