Moved and Rebuild of tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jgraeff

Jgraeff
Hey guys got a 30g with 20g refuguim. I have about 70lbs of live rock and sadly i only have a green star ployp, sand sifting star, one clarki clown, snails and small hermits. I lost my anenome, two fish, scallop and two other corals. I just moved my tank and i had to empty the refugium i was wondering what should i add for filtering the water. I had sand and macro algae with mangroves before but i heard that LR works better. Also what would be the best clean up crew for my tank. thanks.

You should tell us what other equipment you have. Lighting? Skimmer? Sump? Media reactors? Maintence routine? Water parameters?
Also, did you get rid of the starfish? In a 30 gallon tank it will be hard to keep for any length of time as they will wipe out your sand bed of all the good infauna that you want. After that, they starve to death.

Well i ran out of test strips so i cant post the water parameters until tomorrow. But i have t5 ho ligting 2x24 watts, i have a proclear 150 skimmer, and i use phosphate foam remover that i have in the filter. I normally do a 10g water changer per week depending on the water parameters, i still have the starfish it is small, but as far as i knew it would be fine in a 30g could you tell me more about that.

My normaly water conditions are sg-1.0025, phosphate is around .10ppm, nitrate is around .10ppm or lower, calcium is around 450 and i keep the ph at 8.3

Back