Music choice?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

he he! you bunch of old rockers!!!! where were you at lunch break in high school??:p
j.k. i like alot of that old 60's rock too, i cant help it, i was weaned on it.
first off, i love music and am one of those people who dont mind subjecting people to my plethera of musical tastes:badgrin:
when i was 12 my first favorite band was the beatles, but that all changed when the 80's hit, my very first live show was black flag and the meat puppets when i was 14, i had never seen anything like that before and immediately loved it, it was mere weeks later my dad was screaming at me for piercing my ear, and nose, dying my hair black, dying my life black, etc, etc...dead kennedys was my favorite for many years in my youth, now 20 some odd years later i listen to all kinds of crazy shyt, alot of electronica, trip hop, acid jazz, etc.
my most favorite band for the last couple years has been stereolab, i like the orb alot, sun electric, fila brazilla, orbital, future sound of london, ltj bukem, for slightly older stuff i like brian eno, cluster, bowie, japan, david sylvian, tones on tail, bauhaus, love and rockets. and i do listen to some indy rock like flaming lips, built to spill, radiohead, queens of the stone age. so you can imagine the hodge podge my ipod has become, but i usually got something for everyone!

skimerwhisperer said:
he he! you bunch of old rockers!!!! where were you at lunch break in high school??:p
I can't remember high school anymore, it's all just a purple haze now. hehe

ROCK!

AC/DC, Van Halen, Zep, Floyd, Oz, Scorps, Kiss, Crue, etc...

...and being a Montana boy... don't mind a bit of country either!

...and don't mind relaxing with a nice glass of red wine and listening to some classical or jazz...

don't think we're makin much of a "connection" here, other than the fact that we all appear to be all over the board!

cheers,

Dean

I know "purple haze" as 2 things:

the jimi hendrix song
a "designer" name for paper acid like white lightning

charlie said:
Does anybody here even know what purple haze is????
Yes, I most certainly do. LOL Had to give it up though.
I'm allergic, break out in spots.
Jails, and such. LOL
Never really been to jail, but should of went many times. Just lucky.

wrightme43 said:
Anybody got a favorite Floyd album?
Mine is Animals.

I second Animals. While I have pretty much exhausted my patience with every pink floyd album ever during my life (which is definitely a good thing), I think Animals is the true exception that is just as good the 1000th time (if not better)...

Great band with a stupid feud that keeps us from hearing new stuff.

Take er easy
Scott T.

my vote definately goes to Animals, one of my all time favorites!
and, yes, i wish they could just check there shyt at the door and get on with it,
hell, i'll bet there all even sane by now.

Last edited:
In no special order:
Pearl Jam
Soundgarden
Drive By Truckers
Alice in Chains
Nirvana
Grateful Dead
Neil Young
Pixies
Phish
and of course... Jimmy Buffet

I saw there was another Black Label Society freak on here; you should recognize this :) It's one of my many guitars....
Buzzsaw_new.jpg

Back