must see picture

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

morgan

commercial coral diver
hey everyone dont know maybe sum of u got these email couple years ago but was diggin through emails and found this i dont know what it is but it washed up after the tsunami which i missed by about 5 days...lucky me tell me what u think and sorry if this is in the wrong place but here u go

It seems Longnose chimaeras (Rhinochimaera atlantica), very rare fish.
Usually Rhinochimaera atlantica is found at depth 500-1500m (1640-4921ft) on or near the bottom of continental slopes. Regards,

Just a FYI, those photos are fake. Fish probably real, but they did not wash up from the tsunamis. A series of photos came out after the tsunamis, which 'authorities' have confirmed to be not true.

I'm sure with some digging you can find this to be so..........but I'll leave it with just 'IMO'.

Best,
Ilham

Yeah - the photos are real, but the relation to the tsunami was false:

Although they are genuine images of some rather strange deep-sea creatures, these photographs have nothing to do with the Indian Ocean tsunami. They date from mid-2003 and were taken as part of the NORFANZ voyage, a joint Australian-New Zealand research expedition conducted in May-June 2003 to explore deep sea habitats and biodiversity in the Tasman Sea. These photographs can be viewed on Australia's National Oceans Office web site.

Creature Feature

Regardless of the story - the fish are amazing all the same!!! Yikes! Sometimes I think its better if I don't know what's down in the deep...

well thanx for the replys
as for the tsnuami thats what the email said so what is one to belive
u are probley right nah2o it saddens me to think that they would captuer it and kill it for the purpose of reserch like which if they haddent wouldnt of seen it ever althought the japenes reason for killing our whales for reserch is tottal bs maybe u guys dont know about it in america but calm and greenpeace have been trying to stop them with methods like putting there boat between the whale and the whaling ships they still shoot the harpoon regardless
anyway ill always have a ramble about animal crulety

Back