Anyway, sorry for the dirty glass ;)

dscf4139h.jpg

dscf4147.jpg

dscf4150.jpg

dscf4143z.jpg

dscf4140.jpg

dscf4138.jpg

Many thanks dear friends :)
In photo my tanks appears just a little beat dark beacuse I've changed T5 tubes some day ago, from ATI to Aquamedic at 15.000K. I've some problem with white balance function on my camera :D
Some infos: 100*66*60h (centimetrs) in all glass. Sump with a small refugia with Chaeto, live rock and sponges.
Lightining: 9x39 watt by HO T5 tubes
DSB and live rock Fiji Premium.
Skimmer and Calcium reactor by AQengineering, very strong and nice performances from Italy.

Great looking tank!!

By the way, how popular is reef keeping in Italy? I have a friend from the states that lives in Italy during the spring and summer who was somewhat interested in starting a frag tank in Tuscana.

Great looking tank!!

By the way, how popular is reef keeping in Italy? I have a friend from the states that lives in Italy during the spring and summer who was somewhat interested in starting a frag tank in Tuscana.

much popular a lot that me and some friends have organized a meeting last 4th and 5th april 2009 and for a week Anthony Calfo has been ours appreciate Special Guest.
below, me and Anth three Sunday ago :)

Last edited:
How long have you had this tank set up? You have some impressive growth!

WOW, Thank you the pics!!!!!

Could you give us a few more of the specifics on your tank? Do you feed the coral?????

If that is a S. guttatus, I really hope that mine gets to looking like that in the future!!

Thanx again.:D:D:D:D

How long have you had this tank set up? You have some impressive growth!
Colony were all small frags in july 2007.
Carbonate levels are very high but I have obtained the best growth with the change of light, from halide bulbs to T5 tubes.
Sometime dosing "pappone"

The coral is most likely Seriatopora guttatus.

Regards,
Kevin

I have always thought that it was Seriatopora caliendrum, in facts it's differnt from other colony on the top/left.
Can you classify this Acropora?
This is my Acropora shot from the top. I think Acropora rosaria.
Thanks.

I have always thought that it was Seriatopora caliendrum

Hello,
Although they can have very similar growth the distinct contrasting polyp colour is most often attributed to S. guttatus.

Here is a picture of S. caliendrum.

I think your guess on the Acropora may be correct.

Cheers,
Kevin

Back