My 120 Gallons Of Paradise

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

IMG_2728.jpg

couple coats a clear coat to help seal the wood....
IMG_2720.jpg

IMG_2724.jpg

Just need to finish trim and mounting of front cover and the sump work...

IMG_2726.jpg

this is how big he was at 5 weeks when we got him!
P1040098-1-1.jpg

Sump work today, The ehiem i have doest fit at the end of the bubble trap so after talking to a few folks about it i decided to just drill though the baffles and pull the water from behind the bubble trap. it works outstanding and i see no way it can outrun the baffling. This may be unorthodox but it appears that it will work just fine(may be a tight fit with the skimmer). now i just need to finish the union between the pump and pluming. looking forward to getting water in this! Thanks for the bulkhead lorrie!

Drilling for bulkhead
IMG_2763.jpg

IMG_2775.jpg

IMG_2796.jpg

This should work for now, if space becomes an issue i can always remove the middle disconnect and just connect flex-pipe to bulkhead (when i install i will press flex-pipe on the rest of the way). I like the idea of having the disconnect for maintenance. Dont think i have ever seen a sump setup like this but don't see a reason why not!

IMG_2802.jpg

OHH YEAH.

Time to test out my jury rigged plumbing!
IMG_2825.jpg

Flow should be fine with added supplement from powerheads.
IMG_2842.jpg

IMG_2838.jpg

This is going to take a while!!!!
IMG_2848.jpg

You are a brave soul!!!
First water plumbing test IN the HOUSE, ON a CARPETED FLOOR!!!
Was your wife home when you did this? LOL

You are a brave soul!!!
First water plumbing test IN the HOUSE, ON a CARPETED FLOOR!!!
Was your wife home when you did this? LOL

Haha...They arent married yet. She will still just laugh at him. Kinda like his friends. :lol:

Last edited:
i did my first leak test out in my driveway with no leeks, maybe i missed them, maybe moving it a few times knocked something loose, but i think i got it all solved my carpet intact(pulled the bulkheads off and cleaned them again), and still engaged!

i did my first leak test out in my driveway with no leeks, maybe i missed them, maybe moving it a few times knocked something loose, but i think i got it all solved my carpet intact(pulled the bulkheads off and cleaned them again), and still engaged!

That is good news, all the way around.

Looking good cant wait to see it full! I have 55gals of R/O water on hand and an extra barrel to transport it if you want to give it a jumpstart and not wait for your system to fill it.

Thanks for the offer joe, Think i am going to let it do its thing, still have to mount the MH and add salt to get it cycling before i make the transfer, (just bummed about my pressure) . Looking forward to having the space to do some rock work and letting the coral and fish grow out!
Here is the issue.....
IMG_2878.jpg

Back