My 120 Gallons Of Paradise

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Is that the pressure at the house or at the street? Alot of new houses have a regulator installed that can be adjusted. The reason for that is the street pressure might be closer to 80-100PSI and can cause your pipes to burst. My house was down near 40 when I moved in. A couple twists with the crecent wrench and you might be closer to 65-80 if you so desire.

Good looking set up so far.

Thanks trido! That is the pressure at my ro unit from the sink in my kitchen, my house is by no means new so i don't know if there is a regulator, where was your regulator located?

OHHHH YEEEAAAHHHH
got the tank filled and started adding salt and bringing to temp. Also got some work done with the hood including placement for the MH. Ups came today and delivered some goodies including the neodymium magnets for the sides.slowly but surely its getting there! still have to finish with the trim and stain for the hood. still have a ways to go but its getting there!
IMG_2913.jpg

IMG_2918.jpg

IMG_2920.jpg

Thanks man, the pics make the hood look weird (to large). it will look better stained, may have to recruit the help from by buddy stweten for the final production. the front part of the hood as well as the front of the bottom of the stand will be held by the magnets

You might move that pump up off the floor of the tank or your sand will never settle...lol! That and you dont want sand getting into the pump. I would clean it out real quick.

S-Fishy,
I always love it when reefers post a pic of their cloudy water!! (We are so proud!) LOL
Looks like it is coming along great. Do we get to see what is going on underneath?
Would also like a look under the hood.
How soon before we get a glimpse of the rockwork?
Did you put anything on the back of the tank? (cant tell from the cloudy pic lol)

haha your right lorrie about the pump, its not running i had it in there to mix the saltwater and due to the hood resting on the cord i didn't want to move the hood with a hot MH (just to be on the safe side), the only circulation in the tank is from the sump pump. going to wait till next week to make the transfer of rock and livestock. going to let the tank settle for a little bit before the big move!

Even the dog is stoked! Peppie, the hood still needs a bit of work but ill show you what the first stage looks like

IMG_2934.jpg

IMG_2935.jpg

IMG_2917.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks S-Fishy,
I have a weird need to see how other people put their stuff together. I get alot of ideas when seeing different applications.

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY! going to transfer all rock and livestock from my 40 tomorrow. Hope it all goes well. Keep your fingers crossed....

IMG_2985.jpg

IMG_3001.jpg

I have my flow going into the second stage just because i don't want to overflow tank when transferring livestock. (leaving skimmer on 40 till transfer)
IMG_2993.jpg

IMG_2994.jpg

FRAG TEST!
IMG_2986.jpg

CAN YOU SAY TAAAANKKKSWAAAP!!!!! just got done moving all my corals from the 40 to the 120!!!!! didn't realize how much i had till i made the move! Thanks Chichas01 for the rock, worked out great in the tank and was the perfect amount. ill post pics tomorrow when things settle a bit, already pulling lots of stuff with the skimmer, Also tomorrow ill add the power-heads of a total of around 2000 gph flowing in the tank, also added a few baby chromis to the tank!!!! Also got the LED light strip installed and i think it looks better on this tank!
IMG_3016.jpg

IMG_3015.jpg

IMG_3006.jpg

IMG_3004.jpg

Back