My 120g Project

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ronj

Blue Tang
i got my tank, but it is still sitting in my dining room on the floor... i had to go back and make some adjustments to my stand...i have to get someone to help me lift it.. i went ahead and built my canopy.. i still have to make a door on the front, but i am going to go ahead and stain it tomorrow.. i also still need to make some doors for my stand.. here are some pics of what it looks like so far

yep. it has a center brace.. i had a cardboard cutout on the top of the tank when i took the first few pics.. i was trying to use it as a template to figure out where to cut into the top of my stand.. i ordered 2 new Reeflux 10k bulbs today, along with some bigger reflectors.

well i have 20g of water in the tank so far.. hopefully i can have around 50-70g by tomorrow night!!.. when i get the water in, i will post some pics!! i also completed my canopy build today.. i just have to wait for the sealer to dry a bit more before putting it on

yep!! i can't wait for this thing to fill up!! also Krish, tell your mom to stop prank calling me!!:lol::lol: she called me today while i was in Home Depot!!!:D

Just want to congratulate you on your awesome tank.... I have been contemplating on upgrading my 40g to a 120 like yours.

May I ask how much and where. If not possible, can you instead pm it to me. Also did you buy the tank and then but the plumbing seperate? I mean do you have to buy anything extra.

Thank you and congrats again...

that tank is gonna be awesome dood :D .

Tundra ...nice pitts :) , the one on the left is so cute..... to bad i can't have one :(

Thanks spongebob lover, do you live in a rental or home insurance wont cover them? sorry for the off topic.

Just want to congratulate you on your awesome tank.... I have been contemplating on upgrading my 40g to a 120 like yours.

May I ask how much and where. If not possible, can you instead pm it to me. Also did you buy the tank and then but the plumbing seperate? I mean do you have to buy anything extra.
i am in Florida... i got the tank in Panama City from a lfs... i got it for $499...i had to put out $100 more for the 2 overflow kits.. i bought all the plumbing parts for underneath.. i am still in the process of putting them together.. my lfs right up the road had a lesser brand 120gRR for $650, plus the overflows were extra!!!!! i don't support that business anymore.. i am actually trying to get others to quit using them!!:evil:

well i put 70g in before i added salt.. i let it mix overnight.. i am waiting for the temp to reach 78-79 before i add any rock.. i have a tank with only rock in it.. i am going to clean that tank out today and add it to the new 120g...i am going to wait a few days before adding the contents of my 40g display to the 120g...you can expect some pics today, although there will only be a few pieces of liverock in it for now

here are some pics from today...i still haven't connected the tank to my sump.. it is still set up as a display and it still has all of my corals and fish in it.. i accidentally put a fish in the new tank.. he was asleep in a rock that i moved.. i am sure he will be ok...it is hard to believe that this is a 4ft tank from the pics.. it appears alot smaller in the pics

thanks guys.. well, i pulled out my OctopusNw200 today.. i guess a small piece that connects the skimmer to the pump got broken when we moved.. i have tried to contact Coralvue to get a replacement.. hopefully i will have my skimmer working within a few days!!!

well i finished all the plumbing and i let the glue dry for a few hours....i still have to add 15g or so to the sump.. i had to mix up some more SW....i will hook up the ballasts in the morning and try out my new bulbs! after that, all i will need to work on will be my closed loop and the cabinet doors..i have to order a part for my Dart before i can hook up the closed loop

;) you should have got a 180 or a 210. I only lasted two years with my 120 :lol:

Where's the pics?

Back