My 210 custom acrylic tank build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

fishoutofwater

Well, I am finally upgrading and am going to build a new 210 gallon sps tank. Matt at CFI has build me a killer tank and sump combo. He did not have time to get pics so I told him I would post some here. This will be slow at first as we wont get this up and going to after the holidays. SO here it is.

60x23x24 with an external 6x12 coast to coast overflow. This was made to fit an existing stand/canopy combo. The sumps are 20x20x18 and there are 2 of them. one for a refuge and the other for the skimmer. They are to be plumbed together but have not gottent that far. I will be sealing the interior canopy and stand along with replacing some rusty hardware. Just got them today. here are some pics.

115.jpg

111-1.jpg

112.jpg

116.jpg

113.jpg

Last edited:
No I did not. I got if from a fellow reefer up in seattle. Picked the whole thing up for $100.00. Could not build it for that. LOL. Just needs a light cleaning. been sitting in my garage all summer.

Its been a long time since my last big tank.. I have most of the main items here is a list:

3x250w hqi's
4x60 T-5 HO actinics
reeflo hammerhead 5550 for closed loop
little giant 4mdx for return.. not sure if going to use yet
calc reactor with 5# and 20# bottle
etss 800 skimmer with mag 12
seaswirl
1/2 hp drop in chiller

I need lots of plumbing......... and will be ordering some rock after the first of the year.

Last edited:
Thanks Matt. I sent you pm.

On an other note... just bought some kilz primer and some bher porch and floor paint, some caulking. Wanted to reseal the stand and canopy interior. I will post pics once thats done.

now that the holidays are behind us I am going to start hte sealing of the stand. hopefully this week. i will get pics updated then .

ok organized my photobucket and have to republish my pics. So here they are. Also got the stand and canopy insides sealed primed and painted. Now on to the plumbing. Enjoy...
111.jpg

116.jpg

113.jpg

fish004.jpg

fish003.jpg

and some of the final paint phase. also got all new hinges and those will go on with the doors tomarrow.

fish017.jpg

fish018.jpg

fish019.jpg

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd254/rfishoutofwater/150%20gallon%20tank%2[IMG]
[IMG]http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd254/rfishoutofwater/150%20gallon%20tank%20build/fish023.jpg
fish021.jpg

fish025.jpg

picked up my iwaki md100 yesterday along with 40lbs of live rock. Today I have corals and another 100lbs of Rock I am picking up at the airport. I am currently waiting on bulkheads from bulk reef supply. they have been out and thats a huge hold up for me as thats all i need to get this tank up and running. all else is pretty much here. Cant wait to see the rock I will post some pics tonight of the rock. Oh its tukani and fiji branch.

ok. Finally got my rock in and in water to start the curing process. yea. Anyhow got 51lbs of fiji branch with some cool pieces and 51lbs of fiji tukani. Not bad. here are some pics.

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

013.jpg

these 2 pics are of the fiji I got the other day. not bad either.
015.jpg

016.jpg

Last edited:
ok. I know its been slow going but here is an update. I just ordered an oceanmotions 8way for my closed loop. Should be here next week. Also ordered 3 ea 250w hqi pheonix 14k bulbs, t-5 clips and reflectors to go with the t-5's i already have, 2 4.5" eco plus fans and a fan controller. I will be ordering from BRS on friday to get the rest of my plumbing so I can get this plumbed and running. I did pic up a red sea ozone deluxe unit last week. I will post pics once all has come in.

Man its like xmas today. Look what brown can do for me. LOL. Here is what the man brought me today. Also got all my bulkheads and locline ordered today from BRS. Enjoy

0042.jpg

010.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

007.jpg

Finally.... Got all my plumbing supplies today from BRS. Also got an ozone air dryer and some filter bags. I think I went overboard on the loc-line and .75 bulkheads. LOL. Here are some pics. Hoping to start plumbing next week or even this weekend ... minus sunday.

003.jpg

005.jpg

007.jpg

Back