My 210 custom acrylic tank build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

so I got an other couple packages today. First one was my ocean motion 8way and the other was my new milwaukee co2 regulator. I have a few more boxes comming still so I will post pics when those arrive later in the week. I am planning on drilling the tank and working on the plumbing the end of the week.

so I got an other couple packages today. First one was my ocean motion 8way and the other was my new milwaukee co2 regulator. I have a few more boxes comming still so I will post pics when those arrive later in the week. I am planning on drilling the tank and working on the plumbing the end of the week.

I think that om 8 was delivered to the wrong address ! But you know where i live so you can drop it by anytime this week :D

well, I am going to start drilling holes tomarrow for the closed loop and drains. I did take a couple pics of the 8 way and miwaukee regulator. I have some moer goodies coming friday and tuesday as well. that OM 8 is huge.

003-1.jpg

002.jpg

001.jpg

Last edited:
I don't want to see any more pics unless it is the tank getting wet!!
What the heck man.. your an Aquarium maintenance guy..
You should have had this up in two days!!!
I'm losing faith in you Robert!

LOL. I know. I have been slammed latley and did not get home til after 4am this morning. I had planned on working on it today but found myself still sleeping most of the day as was a$$ tired. I will get myself motivated tonight and get righ t on it tomarrow. LOL. I did get some nioce stuff though. I think my rocks cured now too.

well...... here is a little update. Tank drilled and dry fitted. tank stand drilled and styrofoam placed. Tank set up on stand. sumps are drilled and plumbed minus a couple unions. Still need to make another HD run. Thank got is less than 2 miled down the road. Disovered that the seaswirls are in the way of the canopy. SO I need to drill some more holes on the back of the canopy and get a couple unions so they can be plumbed. Thank god this canopy is large as its arse heavy. Tomarrow I am planning on getting this thing finally wet and if all does well filled and running. on another note ups brought me an other package. you will have to wait for that.

update. got all the plumbing dry fitted. got about half of it glued. the closed loop with the ocean motion was a b - to get installed but its there. All thats left to do is the rest of the gluing and water test it. Unfortuantly I am busy with my job the next couple of days so getting up and completely running wont happen until sometime next week. Man I hate the time consuming plumbing bu tI think It came out nice.

FINALLY. Got all the plumbing done and glued. I will water test it monday or tuesday. here are some more pics.

009.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

014.jpg

019.jpg

012.jpg

Looking good, lots of plumbing on that 8way. Do you have ball valves on the outputs? Reason I ask is I use the 8way and after about a year of use I have to take it apart and clean the drum and housing. On my last tank the 8way was below the tank and had to have valves as close to the8way as possible because of the volume of water one inch pipe holds. My new tank I put it above the water level behind the tank for easy maintenance

Thanks. Yes alot of plumbing. There are 8 double union ball valves. It will be a pain to get it out but it can. I had no choice where it had to go as the only real option was in the stand.

Thanks. Yes alot of plumbing. There are 8 double union ball valves. It will be a pain to get it out but it can. I had no choice where it had to go as the only real option was in the stand.
Ya I know what you mean but imo the 8way is worth the hassles of plumbing and maintenance. I love the flow you get with them.

Hope you don't drop a rock on one of then bulkheads on the tank botton. Could result in an exciting situation. Just looking out for you bud. JPG

I know. I waited for weeks for sch 80's but they never had them so I went with these. They are much heavier than the standard. I should be ok. Thanks for the thought. I plan on securing all rocks so there will be no cave in's. Rock will be placed first then sand.

do you have a Mclendon's near you? They always have sch80 bulkheads in stock and you will sleep much more soundly at night :)

closest is about 25 miles but they cost twice as much as I can get them from a wholesaler for 7-8 bucks each vs 14. All is good though. If I didnt feel safe using these I would not have. They are alot thicker than the standard sche 40s. I have seen some cheap bulkheads and would have never used them for this app.

Back